Plugin Contributions

Default Overriding filename links

Hi

I'm really sorry if this is answered somewhere else in the forum or FAQs but I couldn't find it.

I'm implementing Zen Cart within a larger Web site. The Zen Cart shop will operate from a sub-domain but, other than that, will be branded and appear part of the larger site.

The problem I've come up against is that, within Zen Cart, there are a few pages that are effectively duplicates of pages within the main site. For example: the contact us form, privacy statement etc.

I don't want to duplicate the existing content within Zen Cart as it'll end up a maintenance headache. Also, in the case of the Contact Us form, the one on the main Web site requests a lot more information than the one in Zen Cart. Therefore I'd prefer to use the existing form rather than the Zen Cart form.

In the sideboxes I've been able to replace the various links using the EZ pages system and this has worked out great.

Unfortunately I've not been able to find a way of overriding the links to the 'duplicate' pages in other areas. For example, the contact us page is linked to from: create_account_success.php

The link content comes from filenames.php but this doesn't appear to accept fully qualified links (ie. http://www.example/com/foo/bar.html). Is there any way to override the links centrally or is the only way to copy the template files containing the links into my bespoke template folders and replace the zen_href_link with hardcoded the URLs?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Cheers

Kieren

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Overriding filename links

If you are referring to the sidebox links - then you can disable the information sidebox all together and replicate these links as ezpages to an external link in your current ezpage sidebox or a new one
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Dear Kobra

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid the side boxes aren't a problem. I'm either removed or replaced (using EZ pages) the links I need.

The problem I'm having is that some core links occur within the body of pages. I need to change these too but, on the face of it, it looks like I need to override these page templates and hardcode the links - but I'm checking that approach by asking here first.

Cheers

Kieren

Plugin Contributions

Actually this is easier to deal with than it seems. The majority of the links that you want to over-ride are not built into pages such as the create_account_access page, but into the language files that determine the text that appears on these pages (e.g. includes/languages/english/create_account_success.php - text files that you would probably get around to tweaking eventually anyway. There's also a link in the includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_site_map.php file which is intended to be changed.

The exceptions (for the contact us links) are the tpl_page_not_found_default and tpl_site_map_default files where contact us is simply one of a list of links and easy to remove.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Dear kuroi

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
    Cheers

Kieren