Plugin Contributions

Default Item # and Title in Paypal MultiOrder Shipping utility/service

I have the latest version of Zen Cart installed, using PPEC with the latest patch. I use Paypal's Multi-Order Shipping feature. Is there a way to have the Item # and Title show up? Better yet, include the Options in the Title. I'd love to just be able to run down the list in Multiorder Shipping and not have to reference anything else. Is there a way to do it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item # and Title in Paypal MultiOrder Shipping?

How is your product information currently appearing on PayPal invoices when your Zen Cart customers place orders? Perhaps you can copy and paste a sample here? or maybe a screenshot?

How about an example of a PayPal invoice where the MultiOrder shipping works as you desire?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here's how it looks in Paypal's regular view.

Here's how it looks in Paypal's MultiShipping module.

See, no Item # or Title. I wonder if this is a Paypal issue?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What does the PayPal "shopping cart" area look like when the multi-order shipping "Item # & Title" information *does* get filled in properly?
    What is the mechanism of placing the order in these cases?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You know, I don't know if I've ever seen the Item # & Title information filled out in the multi-order shipping. Previously, I was using a very basic script I wrote myself that I knew didn't work properly. That it shows up correctly in the ebay invoice, but not in the multi-order shipping makes me wonder if it's a Paypal thing. I'll write them to see what they say.

Plugin Contributions

I've called Paypal a few times and can't get much information on this. Finally one rep told me that the information is not sent through to the MultiOrder software. But just recently they've added a new Order Details section. See this image:

The other thing that I'm seeing is that when I do a download of my Paypal log, the item number and description are missing. Those fields are just blank. This is a problem as I'm trying to get paypal and Quickbooks to sync. Paypal is just about worthless in terms of getting any help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swingandmiss View Post
    The other thing that I'm seeing is that when I do a download of my Paypal log, the item number and description are missing. Those fields are just blank. This is a problem as I'm trying to get paypal and Quickbooks to sync. Paypal is just about worthless in terms of getting any help.
    True enough -- PayPal's export for Quickbooks is ... well ... limited. Their only "full export" is CSV ... meaning if you want to get "all" the data, you have to grab CSV and massage that into a format usable by other tools.