Plugin Contributions

Default Installation redirects to homepage

Hi guys,

I have a content management system with lots of domain name's pointing to it... I have installed Zen successfully before on Apache servers but this one ain't happening (I've never installed it on this CMS - no point asking the people who made it, it's now defunct - long story - but a lot of my client's are still using it).

When I run the installer it simply redirects to the homepage. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be? Someone mentioned to me once it has to do with AliasMatches?? I'm quite techy but not in the needed way. They may as well of said, "dfdfwertergdfbhgiyu" cos it's that foreign to me.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm getting desperate and these forums have yet to let me down! Woo for desperate people! haha.

Thanks again guys and I hope you can help! Please let me know if you need more info.

Linda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation redirects to homepage

Exactly when do you get redirected to the homepage?

Did you change the name of your dist-configure.php files cart and admin to configure.php and make them readable.

Then did you type in the browser www.yoursite.com/zc_install?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for replying...

Yes, I've installed it before so am familiar with changing the file names etc

I think it has something to do with the domain name but am not really sure.

The actual path to zc_install is: /public_html/cms/og_zencart/zc_install would that matter? I want it to be available on www.overseasgranite.com.au/store

And I have set the config files to read: http://www.overseasgranite.com.au/store where needed. (The root address is the website)

so I type in: http://www.overseasgranite.com.au/st...art/zc_install

and it goes straight to the homepage. And as mentioned, I've taken out bits of that address etc but still nothing.

Thanks again for the help.

Plugin Contributions

You are not using the correct path to your zen cart install and that is why you are being directed.

Put a clean zen cart inside the same folder that your featured site is in and then type in www.yoursite.com/name of your catalog/zc_install and let zen cart configure the location of its catalog/

Your
    www.overseasgranite.com.au/store

Is nothing but a copy of your featured starting site and not the name or location of the zen cart

You do not need to put in the path of your zen cart catalog but you do need to give the istaller the correct location and it is not

http://www.overseasgranite.com.au/st...art/zc_install

Zen cart is verry smart. Let it do its work for you. Just give the browser the correct location

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again...

Ok, tried that and while everything you're saying makes sense and sounds reasonable, it just won't work!
    I've been at this for days. Can I send you my config files to look at? It may be something I'm missing in there. It's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks so much.

Plugin Contributions

It doesn't have anything to do with your configure files. It has to do with what you named your catalog and where you placed it on your server and then what you typed in the browser to run the installer.

Do this.

Name your catalog shop.

ftp to your site and drop shop in the same folder your feature site is in. This is usually public_html.

Then open your browser and type in www.overseasgranite.com.au/shop/zc_install

Make sure your zc_install folder is read and writeable and run the installer.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Usernamenone,

What you're saying should work but it just isn't.
    I did what you said and it still just re-directs. Only difference is it has to go in /public_html/cms as cms is where the content management system is that powers all my sites).
    Although, I did try putting it in /public_html just for argument's sake.

If you're a bit over this, I totally understand! But if you have any other ideas, they would be appreciated. :)

As mentioned before, a developer once said it may have something to do with aliasMatches but I have no idea what that means

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Well that is the location of the shop file on your server but that is not how your site resolves.

Did you follow the instructions I gave you? No, you did not as it takes about 10 minutes to ftp a zen cart install up to your server.

You are just making the same mistakes all over again.

If you are not going to do as I have asked then you will just not be able to install.

You do not type in the browser the path to your shop.

Upload the catalog directory to your server using FTP.
    All PHP files must be uploaded in ASCII mode, not binary mode.

Upload the catalog folder which includes the admin folder to your document root
    (public_html, www, htdocs) using FTP.

Using phpMyAdmin or another tool, create your database and user, and assign that user
    to the database. Write down the name of the database, username, and password for this
    database for the database installation procedure.

Open your web browser and go to http://yoursite/catalog/zc_install/ and click on the
    Install button.
    The following instructions will guide you to configuring the online store for your server.

Now no where does it say type in the path of your server in the browser, Does It?

Plugin Contributions

Wow, I'm a bit amazed. I think you're trying to help me but you sound really irritated by either me or the problem I'm having and you know what? Don't reply if you're going to use that arrogant/pissed off tone with me. No one's forcing you and it's really unnecessary.

You may not believe this but I'm not an idiot and would rather go somewhere else to sort this out. I've been polite and grateful for your help so far but really don't need to be spoken to like I'm a child. I obviously missed something you said and you could have just said so in a nice way.

I read your message a few times just to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting your tone (cos that does happen) and I don't think I was so... ?!

Plugin Contributions