Plugin Contributions

Default Email to Customers - CC/BCC address

I've had a search through the archive on this one but no joy.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add cc/bcc addressees on the standard 'Email to Customers' package?

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email to Customers - CC/BCC address

Who else are you wanting to receive a copy?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I often send replies to customers when I'm away from the main office and want to copy one of the other guys who works with me. That way we don't both respond ....

BTW I know I could use the email archive mod for this but I was hoping to get them to appear in his Outlook inbox.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can add additional email addresses to the various "extra admin copy" emails in Admin->Configuration->Email Options

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately DrByte, that isn't what I'm trying to do. I want to send a BCC/CC copy from the mail.php function under Tools>Send Email

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Aha. That can be handy at times.

That functionality doesn't exist within Zen Cart at the present time - mostly because Zen Cart intentionally always sends individual emails.

You will have to add input fields to the admin page that collects the info, and then add functionality to supply the proper headers into the destination email so that the additional recipients are processed as desired, as well as supply a means to pass the desired information to the send function.

It might be easier to alter the code to just give you a couple checkboxes for whom to send copies to. Then when you have either or both checked (ie: him vs you), then have the system send another identical email to the checked recipients.

Or just hard-code a request to email both of you with the message anyway -- that way you both have an archive copy of the correspondence.

Kinda depends on the needs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok - thanks for clearing that up. I'll have a look at this when I get the chance and stick the code back up here when I have something.

Cheers for the prompt response - Zen Cart = great community support