Page 211 of 223 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2221
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    Yes of course, I tried with just about every combination I could think of, the folder name, the template name, website name, what the templates are named in the config files, etc., just to be sure. Is there something additional that needs to be done to have the mod designate a url formatted such as this: http://site1.com/&template_dir=site_...te_folder_name to display the site_2 theme while on site1? Or should this be able to do this out of the box? I noticed template_dir did not affect my websites that do not have this installed, so I just must be inputting something incorrectly is my thought, but no idea on the formatting. I have even tried going from public_html/includes/templates/site_2_template_folder_name but that didn't work either.
    I have currently no test site available for testing this mod, but I can say (afeter reviewing the mod cod) that $template_dir is set in the config files for the sites (you probably already know this). The mod does as far as I know not use this variable to be used in the way you want. There is no $_GET['template_dir'] in this mod or in the default Zen Cart fileset set. So I also can not help you in why 'template_dir=template_default' does work. Maybe you have some other module in place that utilizes this$_GET variable?
    The displaying of the templates you want can undoubtly be done, but will need custom coding.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I ended up just modifying the template_default settings which got me to where I wanted to be for the most part. I am pretty much done, just looking to finish up some UI finishing touches, and I did find some code that looks like it could be of great help for those looking to create an automatic return to their original page during a transition during checkout, however for the life of me I cannot seem to interpret how to implement it correctly. My formatting is correct, I am just not understanding how this code works. I feel there is a step missing between inserting this in my header_php.php file in checkout_process. Like setting the $_SESSION['been_here'] value on the originating website perhaps?

I am wanting my header_php.php file to be able to use an if statement to determine which code to process, however the only variables or values I can seem to easily utilize are SERVER_NAME or template_dir, both of which do not distinguish between the same website (one version has &template_dir attached to the url which causes the template_default files to load, but $template_dir is still listed as that of which website the url is associated with in the config_sites file, so putting
    Code:
    <? php if ($template_dir =='website3') {
    isn't going to work in this instance.) Perhaps there is a simpler way to go about this, although I did not find anything on calling specific modules/pages functions outside of php if statements in the file itself. If there could be a way to set different modules/pages to be called per template (including a template default one, that would be the easiest solution I think. Or a way to just define a different $template_dir to the default_template system.)

Surely there is a solution that doesn't require me to actually learn to code

Code:
    if (isset($_SESSION['been_here'])) {
    $server_name=$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
    $len=(strlen($server_name));
    $domain=substr($server_name,strpos($server_name,'.'),$len);
    $origin='www'.$domain;
    if ($server_name != $origin) {
    zen_redirect('https://www'.$domain.'/index.php?main_page=checkout_process');
    $_SESSION['been_here']=1;
    }
    }
    Hi again,

OK I managed to get mine the way I wanted. Tell me if it's what you wanted to do, or if anyone else is interested in this.

Motivation: My CC charges me a flat monthly fee (+ percentage of course) for every https:// site I ask him to approve. Since I have several stores, I would have to, pay him extra for each one.

Note: All my domains are sub-domains of the main domain. i.e. www.domain.tld, store1.domain.tld, store2.domain.tld, etc.

Solution: Added some lines of code to checkout process to see if the transaction is originating from the main site. If not, remember which sub-domain it came from -> switch to the main site -> process -> switch back to the sub-domain.

If anyone is interested, it's generic code provided you use the main domain/sub-domain approach. I wouldn't want to do it any other way, since it would be a security risk if it worked for just any domain.

Here's the doctored header_php file for checkout_process. Comments welcome!

<?php

Code:
    // Added by Dov Zamir on 6/4/2009 - saves the original sub-domain and goes to the main site for processing
    $server_name=$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
    $len=(strlen($server_name));
    $domain=substr($server_name,strpos($server_name,'.'),$len);
    $origin='www'.$domain;
    if ($server_name != $origin) {
    zen_redirect('https://www'.$domain.'/index.php?main_page=checkout_process');
    $_SESSION['been_here']=1;
    }
    }

// End of addition
    // This should be first line of the script:
    $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CHECKOUT_PROCESS');

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('checkout_process.php'));

// load the after_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->after_process();

$_SESSION['cart']->reset(true);

// unregister session variables used during checkout
    unset($_SESSION['sendto']);
    unset($_SESSION['billto']);
    unset($_SESSION['shipping']);
    unset($_SESSION['payment']);
    unset($_SESSION['comments']);

$order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
    // This should be before the zen_redirect:

$zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_HEADER_END_CHECKOUT_PROCESS');

Code:
    // Changed by Dov Zamir - 6/4/2009 - Return to original site after processing.
    unset($_SESSION['been_here']);
    zen_redirect('https://'.$server_name.'/index.php?main_page=checkout_success');
    }
    else {
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL')); }

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>
    Last edited by Koda; 27 Apr 2020 at 04:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I may have figured out a solution, although I am going to have to backtrack a little. Posting it here to save others the time wasted (although I learned a lot in the process of trial & error). Use the Template_Switch mod with Multi Site and you can have the same url providing different themes based on the addition of &template_switch_id=responsive_classic to your urls. So you can easily have site 1 and site 2 both checkout on site 3, and have site 3 show different templates based on if it is accessed by &template_switch_id=template1 or not. I think, but have not verified that the template switch also updates the &template_switch_id= code as well, so even if site3 is displaying site2's layout, site2 will be what is referenced when pulling this variable. I think I can use this to get header_php.php to call the specific code I want now and have the transitions look more seamless as the user bounces about from one to the other. I would still be more than happy to hear about the above code as well if anyone wanted to contribute some info on how to get that to work too. I think my problems have all been solved however.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I am looking t set up a site to service 2, maybe 3 online stores.

The general idea:

domain.com
    domain2.com
    domain3.com

They all three share the same shopping card, and they can switch between websites via the links on the top of the screen, allowing seemless switching between sites.

I wanted to know what considerations one must take in account before trying to set up set a site?

Is the installation description from the pluf in fairly straight forward and works? Or, there bumps a long the way?

If there are bumps, is there an unofficial guideline or maybe examples in this forum thread to allow one to get through some of them?

Thanks for your feedback. As this gets moving, I will be back to ask for more assistance an dguidance on this project:)

Joseph

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

Hello,

I have SSL enabled and working for my multi-sites, however I notice if I visit the domain fresh from a browser, the initial page is not https:// enabled until I click on a link. My main webpage is fine, however I feel it would be best if the additional shared domains had SSL enabled from the get go. What did I miss?

Plugin Contributions

And I am sorry for being a pest, but what would be the needed additions made to config_sites as to send order confirmation emails from a secondary address?

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have SSL enabled and working for my multi-sites, however I notice if I visit the domain fresh from a browser, the initial page is not https:// enabled until I click on a link. My main webpage is fine, however I feel it would be best if the additional shared domains had SSL enabled from the get go. What did I miss?

I would check your SSL installation through cPanel to ensure it has been installed correctly. Secondly, check your .htaccess file to make sure the statement for having it display SSL by default is included. For example:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.example.com/$1 [R=301,L,NE]

I'm running 4 stores using multi-store and each has ssl enabled.

Hope this helps.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Under Configuration>>Email Options --> select the store and then configure the email to use, for example if you want to change the sent from, change the email address in that field.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the timely reply! I do not however see the option to select which store the emails come from under Configuration-> e-mail options. I tried changing the template selection in Tools -> Template Selection, however regardless which is selected I am given the same page, which has the changes performed globally. I am using Version 1.0 - Release Date: 2013-01-21 of the Multi-Site module, and using Zen-cart 1.55e as well. Attached is a screenshot of my Configuration- e-mail options:

Name:  emailsettings_redacted.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  25.6 KB

Larger image:

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the timely reply! I do not however see the option to select which store the emails come from under Configuration-> e-mail options. I tried changing the template selection in Tools -> Template Selection, however regardless which is selected I am given the same page, which has the changes performed globally. I am using Version 1.0 - Release Date: 2013-01-21 of the Multi-Site module, and using Zen-cart 1.55e as well. Attached is a screenshot of my Configuration- e-mail options:

Name:  emailsettings_redacted.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  25.6 KB

Larger image:
    Carbonless is confusing the free Multi site module with the paid Multi Store module he is using.
    For the free Multi site module you need to edit the site config files by adding the correct database defines, or go to admin=>tools=>Multisite Tools, and edit/add the defines there.