Page 6 of 223 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

to the poster above. this system is dif. from the osc version. as with the osc version you must build each contribution to work with it. as with the zen version all mods that i have tested work with this because its not a seperate package. its just a template that is pointed so you have same database, same admin, etc. i have worked with many osc mods and zen mods and this multistore is actually one of the easiest and one of the better ones because it can be set up and run quickly. example are my beta sites.
    www.shopyoungway.com
    electronics.shopyoungway.com
    perfume.shopyoungway.com
    these have a total of 20 other mods wrapped into it and the multi store mod gerome created. the good thing about it is that you really don't need a road map because the mod is an "attachment" to zens functions. with the osc version you have to have all mods coded to work with it wich i found to be a pain. not sure if this answers your questions but hey thought i would throw that out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shopyoungway View Post
    to the poster above. this system is dif. from the osc version. as with the osc version you must build each contribution to work with it. as with the zen version all mods that i have tested work with this because its not a seperate package. its just a template that is pointed so you have same database, same admin, etc. i have worked with many osc mods and zen mods and this multistore is actually one of the easiest and one of the better ones because it can be set up and run quickly. example are my beta sites.
    www.shopyoungway.com
    electronics.shopyoungway.com
    perfume.shopyoungway.com
    these have a total of 20 other mods wrapped into it and the multi store mod gerome created. the good thing about it is that you really don't need a road map because the mod is an "attachment" to zens functions. with the osc version you have to have all mods coded to work with it wich i found to be a pain. not sure if this answers your questions but hey thought i would throw that out.
    Great community, kind people here! Thanks all.

Plugin Contributions

You can have same categories or different categories between your different shops too with Multisite Module.

I never really used OSC since I directly started with Zencart.

Do you think a road map would be neccesary for this module ?

If yes, could you give me a link to a road map of another module that is well made so I can have a model to make this one (since I don't really know what a road map should look like...)

Thanks,

Gerome.
    Last edited by Gerome; 14 May 2007 at 10:27 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Gerome, everyone always says "try on a test site first"...

This being beta... how "beta" is it really ? I want to go directly to production and am looking for your opinion.
    Ahmad Rahman
    TRUST IT | web site design and development
    mobile: 416.828.0224 | email: [email protected]
    www.trustit.ca

For IT solutions how you want IT, when you want IT, TRUST IT.

Plugin Contributions

yes even i have read this but i have actually gone full production and tested methodically. so it works straight out of the box so to speak. you can use it in production mode with no or little issues.

one quick note they say test it first to make sure it does not mess up your cart if you have any mods that may overwrite the files it does. especially the order.php file. its a big one. but if you look at one of my top posts here it will show that i have an extensive modded store and still works better then any other. hope this helps and happy selling

Plugin Contributions

make a backup of your version, test the module with a test server and the version you have. If you don't have any issues this way, there is no reason why you wouldn't use it for production.

We use it for production since 3 weeks on a fully customized shops with no trouble.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    You can have same categories or different categories between your different shops too with Multisite Module.

I never really used OSC since I directly started with Zencart.

Do you think a road map would be neccesary for this module ?

If yes, could you give me a link to a road map of another module that is well made so I can have a model to make this one (since I don't really know what a road map should look like...)

Thanks,

Gerome.
    Currently seems the road map is not necessary, while as virtualahmad said, I am also a little concerning about the "beta" issue, this is also why I asked if there is any roadmap previously.

And now I have one more question here: Regarding the admin part, now it seems one admin and only one admin that manages all the shops, can the following be finished within this module?
    admin1 can and only can manage shop1, admin2 can and only can manage shop2, etc ...
    Besides all the admin1, admin2, etc, there is also a super administrator admin, that can manage all the shops ...
    Now this module only have the super administrator and have no admin1, admin2, etc ...
    I think this will be a necessary function for this module if go to production, which can ensure more high security ...

Thank you always .. :)

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I see where you ar going. The module has been for a same admin to manage more than one shop (as it is what we do). If you want an admin to only manage one shop, it means that you won't have common categories in between shop anymore ? The admin configuration is set as "default for all site" when you override the configuration of one site in a config file; if you want to make it for more than one admin, this would have to change too. I never really take time to considerate this improvement, and I think we should get more opinions about the needs of users before starting to do anything like that.

Also, I mainly started to make this module because it was something that my company needed, however, we don't need to have a specific admin for each shop, this is why I didn't bother doing it...

Customer table is common for all sites, it might have to change and be specific to one site (adding a collomn site_name to the customer's table...)

Well, this won't be ready tomorrow...

Plugin Contributions

I'm just getting started with ZenCart, and I really think this module is going to be exactly what I needed. I'm a little worried about the server config (we don't have a dedicated server, just a reseller account and child accounts) but I'm going to give it a try this afternoon. I just wanted to let you know that there is another person (who is willing to donate / pay for support) that thinks your module is awesome.

Plugin Contributions

hi gerom
    category filter on sidebox, banner filter ?
    still two question:
    1- filter function of multisite works perfect for category sidebox and header category tabs, but in category css flyout that uses url_generator in include/classes, all the categories are shown( so filtering doesn't work for that), I asked from authur of flyout and told me may be the author of cat. filter can do something with that, what do you think ?
    2- I have already submitted this that is there any possibility to get banner manager be filtered between sites, concrete: every site shows different banner (config, but most important different url on attached to each banner) , please let me know if you don't get this last question
    thanks

Page 6 of 223 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast