Page 157 of 223 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2221
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

Damn I'm lucky I got the job to do this in an heavily modified webshop...
    But with good comparison and uploading 1-by-1 it should work in the end?
    I already found that some elements are slightly different than 1.3.8, but even by that deep comparison I had trouble.

Well, it probably rains next sunday, going to try once more before I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by stefjuuh View Post
    Damn I'm lucky I got the job to do this in an heavily modified webshop...
    But with good comparison and uploading 1-by-1 it should work in the end?
    I already found that some elements are slightly different than 1.3.8, but even by that deep comparison I had trouble.

Well, it probably rains next sunday, going to try once more before I give up.
    let me know if i can help with anything i took a few attempts but it works now
    A 21 year old Messing around with e-commerce.

www.frome-model-centre.com

Plugin Contributions

We have been running Multisite Module on numerous sites for just over 6 months now and I am loving it! However, I have a question regarding the admin section. I thought the module allowed for a change in admin section to show which site the order was placed on or customer registered on....my admin does not seem to be showing that.

Anyone have any insight?

Plugin Contributions

Have a question I am not sure has been answered already. (This was setup BEFORE I realized there was a multisite module and I have not looked over the module code yet to see how it works. I figured the forum would be the fastest way to find out.)

I have a domain like www.example.com and this is my main 'RETAIL' site where anyone can register and browse, see pricing and not need to login (except to purchase).

I then setup a second store with totally different options as far as minimums and pricing (But it is all the ALMOST the exact same as the retail site just for wholesalers). When going to the site, www.example.com/wholesale, you are forced to create an account which then needs approved before they can browse and order from this store. I need to keep this ability but what I would like is for a unified admin panel like what the MultiSite module offers but I have 2 separate databases instead of a unified one. I do not need a multi-cart merge or anything like that. Just looking for a unified backend.

Both store fronts are ZC 1.5 with several mods and many custom mods I have written. (I created the Main Retail store and once it was just right, I duplicated it and put in a wholesale subfolder and re-configured all the paths and settings with minor tweaks so the stores are almost identical.)

I was wondering/hoping if the Module does/works with this type of setup or if it can be easily tweaked to handle this type of setup? I am willing to work with people to create a mod that can do this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Forum

Hello all,

I have been pretty successful in getting this module to work. the main thing I am running into now is on my test server I cannot get the two sites to take a different CSS. they both take the template_default no matter what I seem to change or update. Has anyone else run into this? I am running 1.5 ZC and 0.4.1 MM. Any help or insight is much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I've started to read this thread and realised after about 60 posts that I'm losing the plot.

Can someone who has successfully integrated this mod answer these questions please so that I know if it will eventually be worth my while spending time on it.

I have three shops. www.equine-cortaflex.co.uk , www.equivivre-shop.co.uk and www.bestfeedsupplements.co.uk. which at the moment all run their own copies of zen-cart.
    This is obviously a nightmare for me in terms of controlling stock and so I want to integrate them into one database.
    However I need to understand how this mod deals with the folowing:
    In terms of my domains, do I just point them all to the same directory and then let zen cart / multi-site sort them out?
    Can I sell at different prices in different stores. So for instance can I have a product priced at £10:99 in one store and £7.99 in another?
    Can shipping costs vary by site?
    What happens where I have mods in one site that require database fields added - I'm thinking of the extra product information mod
    Am I right in thinking I just have one copy of zen-cart running with three templates - one for each store?
    What happens about things like contact information - can this be different for each store?
    What happens to PayPal - does it all need to be paid through the same account?

Is there anything major that I can't do? that I've missed above

I would really value your input, I am currently building local sites in example.com - but I'm not sure how to replicate the 3 separate domains locally is there a way of doing it?

Many thanks

John

Plugin Contributions

I've seen postings going back and forth about this module working with 1.5. Has anyone been able to make it work, and if so can you give me a heads up on what you did to get it working?

I have five stores that I would like to combine into one install of 1.5.

Thanks,
    Brad

Plugin Contributions

What part of the install process are you stuck on?

Plugin Contributions

A potential new customer of mine wants a unified backend/admin for it's 6 zencart based stores - which could be accomplished with the MultiSite Module. An important question is how much time the implementation of it would take? I am an experienced PHP/MySQL developer and where it comes to shop-cms'es I know my way in oSCommerce. However I am new to ZenCart. I am not sure about the ZenCart-version being used by the customer, but I assume it is the latest (stable) version.

Thnx for your answer in advance.

Plugin Contributions

I have successfully installed the script (on Zen 1.3.9), sideboxes/search etc are all working, but am having a problem with my custom tpl_header.php file.

The version of the file I have for my template does not seem to call the cat_filter function. I am not a php programmer, but think the bit of code that needs to change is shown below. Can anyone tell me what I need to code so that when the menu is created, it filters out the categories which are not meant to be shown for that site... at the moment, all categories are shown regardless of what sitename is put in the admin screen against the categores.

Thanks in advance.

<div class="horizontal-cat">
    <!--bof-drop down menu display-->
    <!-- menu area -->

<div id="dropMenuWrapper">
    <div id="dropMenu">

<ul class="level1">

<?php
    $categories_query = mysql_query("select c.categories_status, c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_status = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] ."' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name LIMIT 0,10");
    while ($categories = mysql_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
    ?>
    <?php
    if (zen_has_category_subcategories($categories['categories_id']) > 0) {
    $class = ' class="submenu"';
    }
    ?>
    <li<?php echo $class;?>><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath='.$categories['categories_id']); ?>"><?php echo $categories['categories_name']; ?></a>

<?php
    if (zen_has_category_subcategories($categories['categories_id']) > 0) {
    ?>
    <ul class="level2">
    <?php
    $categories_query_1 = mysql_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '".$categories['categories_id']."' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] ."' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name LIMIT 6");
    while ($categories_1 = mysql_fetch_array($categories_query_1)) {
    ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath='.$categories['categories_id'].'_'.$categories_1['categories_id']); ?>"><?php echo $categories_1['categories_name']; ?></a></li>
    <?php } ?>
    </ul>
    <?php } ?>
    </li>
    <?php } ?>

</ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class="clearBoth"></div>
    <!--eof-drop down menu display-->
    </div>
    </div>