Page 215 of 223 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2221
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

Hi

I might be prepared to update the module myself - it's crucial to my business and I think I have enough nous to pull if off.

That said, I haven't tried it on 157 yet so don't know what to expect - will report back when I get some time - business is crazy at present so finding spare time is difficult.

Plugin Contributions

does anyone using google merchant upload with this multi-site.. if you do, how do you send it to the separate sites.? so far I use the main store to up load, but i would like to send each store instead of the main store. thank you.
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Plugin Contributions

There are many core files to update if you are going to upgrade to 1.5.7... There were too many for me to even consider it worth my time. We're breaking our stores out into separate installations. ZC has made it so easy to upgrade the newer versions of the cart and SSL certs are so inexpensive, that the we are finding the multi-store mod is not worth the investment of time or money any more.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I'm a little confused at how this works. I see that you can purchase in one cart from different sites. What if each site has a different payment options for example different paypal addresses?
    Is it at all possible to have categories on one site that combines all products of the same category on all sites?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

I am working on this as we speak.. I had it installed a few years ago.. and now i have need for it again.

how it work. you can create as many stores as you want.. the front-in.. what the customer see's depends on what URL they use. but the you only have one admin for all the stores.. and when you get the multi-site working right it is really cool.

the is a tool under admin/tools called multi-site.
    this where you decide which categories show up on which site you created.
    if you have one site that sells clothes and a different site that sell paintings.. you want two different sites but don't want to deal with a more than one admin.
    now if you want different payments options for different stores.. that would be a lot of extra work to create that.
    and would be possible if you know coding and how the zen cart works. the area that all the carts (different sites you created) share are payment options, shipping options, account creation that is all i can think of at this time. and you can use different templates for each store.
    YOu need to use the 156c verison of zencart.. there are way too many changes using the lastest zencart.
    if you have any questions.. you can pm me.. and i will do my best to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowald View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a little confused at how this works. I see that you can purchase in one cart from different sites. What if each site has a different payment options for example different paypal addresses?
    Is it at all possible to have categories on one site that combines all products of the same category on all sites?

Thanks.
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for your reply. It seems that this is not what I'm looking for then. I was under the impression that with it, I could have different payment and shipping options per site - I was pretty sure I read that somewhere.
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Leowald View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply. It seems that this is not what I'm looking for then. I was under the impression that with it, I could have different payment and shipping options per site - I was pretty sure I read that somewhere.
    Thanks again.
    You CAN have different payment and shipping methods.

HOWEVER, it is currently not a supported mod with current versions of ZC.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Disclaimer: I've done very limited testing with this, and definitely have not used it on a live site.

However, that said, attached is an updated beta of the multisite mod with the v157 updates merged into it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thank you 'dr byte. I will have to try it out down the road.
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts

Plugin Contributions

That is an amazing thing! I was just trying to figure out how I was going to continue the two V1.5.1 stores we have that got nuked by our hosting company upgrading PHP to 5.6 (of course with out notice).

I will try this as soon as I get our test site up and running...I will report if I can get it working. Merry Christmas indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Disclaimer: I've done very limited testing with this, and definitely have not used it on a live site.

However, that said, attached is an updated beta of the multisite mod with the v157 updates merged into it.