Page 4 of 223 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

I just have one question for multisites.

Lets say that I use site links. What I see is that all links keep the same SiD. As for session id there are some configurations in admin->configuration->sessions, that one of them has to do with session recreation; should this be set to false ?
    Nice speech Felix. I understand your point of view...

Never try to change it. Why do you ask this question ? is that because the site links don't work ?

The file:
    includes\init_includes\overrides\init_sessions.php
    gives the priority to the SiD parameter instead of the cookie for the session creation... This is how the site_links works, by keeping the same session through this link. I did it because the cookies are made for one domain, therefore, the 2nd site can't read a cookie of the first site.

Hi,
    I haven't installed this module yet, but I would like to know whether we can have 2 different shipping locations? site 1 for US location and site 2 for Canada.
    By having 2 shipping location, I can have Canada Post module for Canada and USPS module for USA.
    Currently,I have 1 site with 2 ZenCart installation with 2 separate database.

Thank you,

Felix

Yes, you can override the shipping configuration from the config file of a site (folder "config_sites")

However, I think that you can also specify a shipping in Zencart that is relevent of the country of the customers. In this way, the shipping to US and to Canada will work to both of your sites.

Well, knowing that I can not manage my subdomains, what files should I duplicate to make multisite work ?
    You have to duplicate the whole folder of your shop.
    Also, you have to think of changing the site location from the config file of each shop ...
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '.....

Plugin Contributions

You have to duplicate the whole folder of your shop.
    Also, you have to think of changing the site location from the config file of each shop ...
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '.....
    Thank you for your information.

But what about DIR_WS_CATALOG ?

Don't I have to configure this define also ?

As about "admin" folder, is there any need to duplicate it too ?

Is there any way to use the same "images" folder ?
    Because if there are some hundreds of images this would be very usefull.

Thanks
    Last edited by lebrand2006; 2 May 2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: One more issue

Plugin Contributions

you can find DIR_WS_CATALOG in your includes/configure.php. you will have to change it if you shop is located in a different folder (as it represents th location of your shop on the server)

I am afraid that I don't know anyway of using the images from another server. The problem is that Zen-Cart need to access the images from the serverside (to check the size and the presence of the images) and also from internet via URL.

you could maybe make a script that will update one folder image with another ...
    Or you could change of server and get one that allows you to have 2 domains targeting the same folder.

You only need one admin folder in one of your shops.

Plugin Contributions

hi

finally my sites work good, the problem (if it's a problem) is that filter function doesn't work on the category css flyout (provided by Dr. byte, or header css flyout in apple zen template), so all categories are shown in the category flyout sidebox of the site that has not been selected by <!--site1--> description site selector,
    any idea, how can I resolve this problem? please
    2- still I am waiting about the changes in order.php in regard to last patch provided for zen1.3.7 in last week? I didn't upgrade untill you answer gerome.

Plugin Contributions

i should add this paragraph to the above message too:

3- this problem becomes harder when you are using ajax yahootree category sidebox, so it doesn't show any categoris at all? is there any idea to solve this problem as the ajax contribution for big sites (at least for main shop that may show all categories) is very primordial the normal category box.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    I tested and it worked well.

New version Beta 0.3 compatible with XSS Vulnerability fix now available
    Hi Gerome
    please, pleeaaaaaaaaaaase, let the old beta versions on the .../dev liks to remain.
    why? because otherwise it's very difficult for us to know if there is a new patch etc. I found accidently that a " Now Compatible with XSS Vulnerability fix " has replaced the old one.
    I really don't want to miss this contribution just for fotgetting to check above link.
    I have a log file and every changes I write to know if some later we have to rechange something again.
    automatically everybody will understand that the new version number or new date addes is the last fixed version, just it let us to not do a mistake.
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed the multistore module to a fresh install of zencart, all works but the side bars/boxes have disapeared ... any ideas what I might have done wrong?

I have already tried turning them back on with no effect taking place.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by reza View Post
    Hi Gerome
    please, pleeaaaaaaaaaaase, let the old beta versions on the .../dev liks to remain.
    why? because otherwise it's very difficult for us to know if there is a new patch etc. I found accidently that a " Now Compatible with XSS Vulnerability fix " has replaced the old one.
    I really don't want to miss this contribution just for fotgetting to check above link.
    I have a log file and every changes I write to know if some later we have to rechange something again.
    automatically everybody will understand that the new version number or new date addes is the last fixed version, just it let us to not do a mistake.
    thanks
    You are right, from now, I'll add the version number to the file released. sorry about that.

a previous version is still available on the zen-cart download section:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=563

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    I have just installed the multistore module to a fresh install of zencart, all works but the side bars/boxes have disapeared ... any ideas what I might have done wrong?

I have already tried turning them back on with no effect taking place.
    You need to go in:
    - Tools -> Template Selector
    - click on Edit
    - Choose the template that you what to change the Layout Boxes for
    - Click on Update.
    - Then go in Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller and you can now change the layout boxes for the template that you have selected.

Repeat this process for every template that you what to change the layout for.

Note: With the MultiSite Module, the Template Selector doesn't select the template anymore because the template is chosen depending of the site.

The template Selector is only used in order to chose the template for which you want to change the layout.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Zenners-

Where do you do in the admin to switch to different sites, i'm trying to find the different file in admin and can't locate them.
    Diva Boutiques
    www.divaboutiques.com

Page 4 of 223 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast