Page 5 of 223 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by divaboutiques View Post
    Hello Zenners-

Where do you do in the admin to switch to different sites, i'm trying to find the different file in admin and can't locate them.
    It is not made from admin but from config files. You have to create one config file for each sites. You can specify some admin settings by using the constant that refers to it in the config file of a site, it is breefly explained in the instructions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    You have to duplicate the whole folder of your shop.
    Also, you have to think of changing the site location from the config file of each shop ...
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '.....
    I am new to zencart and php, By "duplicate the whole folder of your shop", do you mean if I have zencart installed under htdocs/zen-cart-v1.3.7, then I copy folder "zen-cart-v1.3.7" to htdocs/shop2 ? and shop2 is the second shop ? Thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

You have to duplicate the whole folder of your shop.
    Also, you have to think of changing the site location from the config file of each shop ...
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '.....
    Also, I found the step sequence of the instructions seems not correct, step 3 and step 4 got twice. Also, I think if a picture could be added to show the multisite folder structure (imaging have 2 or 3 shops), that will really be of much help for all the users...
    Thanks for your great work and hope it could be better and better ... Then more people will tend to be donating ... :)

Plugin Contributions

Also, I am now testing this module in my local env, is there any tips for it? Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xzc View Post
    I am new to zencart and php, By "duplicate the whole folder of your shop", do you mean if I have zencart installed under htdocs/zen-cart-v1.3.7, then I copy folder "zen-cart-v1.3.7" to htdocs/shop2 ? and shop2 is the second shop ? Thanks a lot.
    Yea this is how is work. However, I adviced to do so, only if you can't change the target of one of your DNS.

I can see that you have a folder htdocs which means you might be using apache. You don't need to duplicate the zen-cart folder with apache since you can use virtual host in order to make two dns in the same folder.

for exemple:

the file index.php of you zencart shop should be accessed from www.site1.com/index.php and www.site2.com/index.php and then your multishop will work correctly

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xzc View Post
    Also, I am now testing this module in my local env, is there any tips for it? Thanks again.
    find the file "hosts" in your windows directory (mine is in C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc but yours could be somewhere else) and add lines to it in order to make virtual domain names.

you should have this line:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    you can add lines like that:
    127.0.0.1 site1
    127.0.0.1 site2
    127.0.0.1 site3

And then you can test your shops.

Hope it helps.

Plugin Contributions

Dear Gerome, really thanks so much for your kind reply. I am much clearer now...
    While If I only have one domain (such as www.mysite.com), and if I have 3 shops such as shop1, shop2 and shop3, can I access them via shop1.mysite.com, shop2.mysite.com and shop3.mysite.com ?
    How can this be accomplished via this module?
    Thanks very much in advance.

BTW, I knew the following link is a contribution for osc, while now I much prefered to your MultiSite Module for zencart. And hope some ideas from the below could be of some help for improving your module. :)
    http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730
    (Multi-Stores multiple shop system)

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.p...pic=70365&st=0
    (The thread for discussion of that)

find the file "hosts" in your windows directory (mine is in C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc but yours could be somewhere else) and add lines to it in order to make virtual domain names.

you should have this line:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    you can add lines like that:
    127.0.0.1 site1
    127.0.0.1 site2
    127.0.0.1 site3

And then you can test your shops.

Hope it helps.

Plugin Contributions

As I said before, it depends of the configuration of your server...

With our server medea.co.uk, We have strickly nothing to configurate anything which is .medea.co.uk goes to there anyway.

For example:
    http://rrr.medea.co.uk/
    http://you.can.right.anything.you.wa...e.medea.co.uk/

(That's only an example has there is no shops here)

It is working like that because we have a dedicated server. But I know that some people have much more issus with it. I made it working with a non dedicated host that "1and1" because there control panel allow to create two domain names in the that dispaly the same folder...

Then you make your shop3.mysite.com_config.php in includes/config_sites and follow the steps of the instructions...

Did you try the "Multi-Stores multiple shop system" with Zen-cart ? did you see any example of running shops that use this system ? Since you seem to know boss of the modules, do you know what are the advantages of "Multi-Stores multiple shop system" over "Multisite Module" ?

I had a quick look and it seems more complicated than Multisite, but it can only be because I know my module much better (obviously ...)

Plugin Contributions

hi,
    in order to get different banners for every site, I renamed the banners for every site to the filename exists in the images/banners of original site (with admin panel), so I will get different banners on different sites, BUT,
    the problem is that each banner owns ONE Url address, so, the question:
    How can I add url for every banner for every site, separately, and if possible using the better system without renaming original fime name of a banner to the banner filename of original site?
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

Dear Gerome, thanks again for your further help.
    I just tried "Multi-Stores multiple shop system" with OSC, but that contribution seems really not good, it needs modify many places of the database structure (if got 200 shops, then it need add 200 more config different tables), while seems your module only need modify just ONE place by adding only one column, which is indeed very nice for me (other people should have the similar feeling as I got :) ).
    I saw one example of that:
    http://www.pyro-tection.com/

For the advantage of that contribution, what impressed me is that for different shops, it can have one admin, and the categories for shop1 and the categories for shop2 can be shared, if you want. Not sure if Multisite Module has that?
    Some more details of it:
    -------------------------------
    These modifications allow you to assign specific products and categories to multiple stores that you define in the administration panel. The products and categories
    will not be able to be manipulated via the web-browsers address bar (like in most
    other multi-shop implementations). Also, there is no "one store to rule them all".
    You decide which categories you want displayed on which store-front. You decide
    which products in that category you want displayed on which store-front. Shopping
    carts are NOT shared between the sites.
    -------------------------------

Since it is based on OSC, so I don't think it is the same level as your Multisite Module. BUT I think it should be much stable, since it was developed for many years ...

BTW, Is there any road map for your module? By that way, I think users could get much more confidence of your module :)

As I said before, it depends of the configuration of your server...
    Did you try the "Multi-Stores multiple shop system" with Zen-cart ? did you see any example of running shops that use this system ? Since you seem to know boss of the modules, do you know what are the advantages of "Multi-Stores multiple shop system" over "Multisite Module" ?

I had a quick look and it seems more complicated than Multisite, but it can only be because I know my module much better (obviously ...)

Page 5 of 223 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast