Page 52 of 223 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

So, let me get this straight... I tell my tame raci... er... web guy that I need a dedicated IP for the "encompassing" site, and I point the DNS from the other domains at it?

Plugin Contributions

Anyone else notice some significantly reduced performance after confirming your order (between order confirmation and success)?

I actually have my original zen cart store running, and the multisite store so I can see a very obvious difference. Multisite is currently hosting 18 different stores. I don't know if it has slow down as more stores were added or not, but currently it takes about 17 seconds to go from confirmation to success. The Original store is only about 4 seconds.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Plugin Contributions

Skip that last question...found the problem. Everything is instantaneous except sending the email.

payment: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    shipping: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    order: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    order total: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    order total pre_confirmation: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    order total process: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    payment before process: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    order create: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    Order id# 117 order after order create: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    order create add products: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    Send order email: 2008-08-19 11:05:18 AM
    Calculat order amount: 2008-08-19 11:05:29 AM
    End: 2008-08-19 11:05:29 AM

Plugin Contributions

Welp, I've switched to a dedicated IP, and I'm waiting for things to shake out back to normal - access stuff at the moment.

I do large format printing, and this sites (you know what - sometimes incorrect grammar works!) is going to be targeted at folks from artists to photographers to researchers...

Plugin Contributions

I have a company that offers services for residential and business. What I want is when you visit site www.mysite.com, a flash animation will come up introducing my site. The when it ends, it will offer two options business or residential. If you click on business it goes to www.mysite.com/business where the business zen shopping cart is. If you click on residential it goes to www.mysite.com/residential where the business zen shopping cart is. The goal is to provide different products and pricing for residential and business customers. I do not want them to have mixed categories. So my understanding was I could just install zen cart into separate directories. Instead its a little more complicated than that.

So, back to the multiple store add-on that Gerome offers. Has anyone done this, this way. His add-on, as far as I understand, is for having multiple domains like www.abc.com and www.xyz.com directed to the same merchant/gateway account with possibly one SSL Certificate. Not having one domain with two shopping carts with one gateway.

Any suggestion would help.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PAE2008 View Post
    Ha! I might be on to something... To properly update these files, would I just add cat_filter after ExecuteRandomMulti(?

For example (includes/modules/sideboxes/specials.php):
    PHP Code:
    $random_specials_sidebox_product $db->ExecuteRandomMulti(cat_filter($random_specials_sidebox_product_query), MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_SPECIALS); 
    If someone could confirm this, it would be very helpful. Sorry for all of the messages... I did not mean to spam the thread if I did so. I could not find any reference anywhere else in here and my edit time kept expiring as I continued to edit files.

PAE2008
    I have applied the correction suggested by PAE2008. It works perfectly and avoid the problem intially found: if the sidebox, i.e. whats_new, is set, and some related content (items) is present, the displaying of the page will be blocked at the sidebox.
    Thanks PAE2008 !!!
    I am testing multisite on zen-cart 1.3.8

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

I have just discovered that the multisite module seems to function thorough a frame. I have my site all set up but I cannot get customers if the frame is messing up my SEO. can you guys please enlighten me as to why the frame is necessary, or if there is a way to keep make the mod work with out placing my sites into frames. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from some of you more experience users. What do you think of your search engine rankings on your multisite store? can each sub site be adequately ranked as its own business rather than as a sub part of the main site directory? Please any help would be great. -Thank you

Plugin Contributions

jCorey, I've got an idea...

Get two more domains beyond your original...

Name one of them ABCResidential, and the other ABCCommercial...

You'll run three domains on the multisite, but the only one that'll matter is ABC as to how it ties the other two together, and deals with the money processing.

Idea?

Plugin Contributions

Dear all,
    I have installed a zen cart on a domain

www.BuyQuickTools.com

I have installed the mutisite module and now i want to add three more fronts

www.BuyAoyue.com
    www.BuyHakko.com
    www.SolderShack.com

From where i can add three more stores in my already installed zen cart with multisite module installed.

Also how will i point my these 3 domains to this module. Do i need to provide DNS or what?

Somebody kindly explain the entire process in simple steps.
    Thanks

Hi Gerome,

Thanks for a great mod. I don't know if this question's been asked before, the forum is quite long. Is there a way to do a multisite based on subdirectories? For example: mysite.com/site1 and mysite.com/site2? The closest thing I probably got to was on p.10

Thanks,
    Pete