Plugin Contributions

help question error installing as a db upgrade and windows config questions

Since we're in production and our warnings are turned off, I'm trying to also install a copy of zen-cart to my local Apache server on my Windows machine so I can use it for testing.

I'm just doing a db upgrade to get zen-cart installed in another test directory. I'm not sure what values to put for these on the Windows box:

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '');

such as C:\htdocs... with backslashes and all or as cygwin would see it? I'm confused about the syntax that it's expecting?

Since it's just for testing, can I just comment out the cache lines? If not, what's the expected window's syntax (similar question as above)?

As a second question, when I tried to install and I selected database upgrade from the zen-cart install menu, I got this error message and then it stopped:

1364 Field 'query_keys_list' doesn't have a default value
    in:
    [REPLACE INTO zen_query_builder ( query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Administrator', 'Just the email account of the current administrator', 'select \'ADMIN\' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id');]

Please help!

Thanks,
    jdl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error installing as a db upgrade and windows config questions

1. To build all the correct settings for your test environment, first do a full regular install. This will build your configure.php files as needed.

2. Then import your old data into the same database you just did your fresh install into.

3. Then run zc_install to upgrade your database.

It appears you're running MySQL 5 in strict mode. As such, you will probably need to insert this line into one of the SQL files in order to avoid the error you mentioned.
    Make this change before running step 3 above:

/zc_install/sql/mysql_upgrade_zencart_1301_to_1302.sql
    approx line 21 says:
    Code:
    REPLACE INTO query_builder ( query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string, query_keys_list) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Administrator', 'Just the email account of the current administrator', 'select \'ADMIN\' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id', '');
    add this on a blank line ABOVE it:
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE query_builder CHANGE COLUMN query_keys_list query_keys_list TEXT NOT NULL;

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: "1364 Field 'query_keys_list' doesn't have a default value

I am running 5.0.27 on my local server. Most servers I work with are running 4.x.x. I'm trying to make the install work with the more recent version of mysql, because that will become the defacto version at some point, and that's all you'll have... So, regarding the error mentioned above,

1364 Field 'query_keys_list' doesn't have a default value
    in:
    [INSERT INTO query_builder ( query_id , query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ( '1', 'email', 'All Customers', 'Returns all customers name and email address for sending mass emails (ie: for newsletters, coupons, GV\'s, messages, etc).', 'select customers_email_address, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS order by customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address');]

(this is AFTER I removed the default value in it before),
    (and had removed, maybe, 6 or so instances of "default '', beforehand).
    Instead of reverting back to 4.1 (too much trouble to reconfigure my local system, I WANT 5.0 to work with zen cart.

Doing, "ALTER TABLE query_builder CHANGE COLUMN query_keys_list query_keys_list TEXT NOT NULL;
    " exactly above the REPLACE INTO query_builder, changed nothing.
    I'm using 1.3.5 full fileset.
    As of right now, I can't go any further, and am planning on utilizing this on as many as three commerce sites, but am stuck.
    Any other suggestions short of just getting the latest and greatest ,or is there a bug fix that I don't know about for 1.3.5?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error installing as a db upgrade and windows config questions

All the bugfixes to 1.3.5 were rolled into v1.3.6.
    Additional tweaks for MySQL5 were also done for v1.3.7.

I would suggest grabbing a copy of v1.3.7 and installing it ... see what you enounter. I'm sure you'll find things more solid for MySQL5 in several parts of the code, not just the one you addressed above.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.