Plugin Contributions

Default google checkout problems

I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I have been searching and trying to come up with a specific solution for days. Funny, I told the client 5 hours for the install and I've been at it for over 30.

Problems:
    1. Getting authentication error.Log file says:HTTP Basic Authentication failed. Can't retrieve Merchant Id/Key, Installed over CGI??
    2. It's not calculating UPS and USPS shipping and using the default values instead.
    3. It's offering free free shipping for everything.
      I tried 3 things:

a. Used the Free Shipping module only. Result: offered free shipping on everything, even if there was a shipping weight greater than 0 and even if you did not choose free shipping for that product.

b. Used the Free Shipping Options module only. Result: offered free shipping on everything, even if it did not meet the criteria.

c. Used the Free Shipping module and Free Shipping Options module together. Result: Offered two free shipping items on the dropdown no matter what product was in the cart.After purchasing and being redirected back to the site, the item still remains in the cart.
    4. After purchasing and being redirected back to the site, the item still remains in the cart.
    5. The order is not logged in admin.

Configuration:
    Zen Cart 1.3.7
    Microsoft IIS 6.0 Server
    MySQL 5.0.27
    PHP 5.2.1 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Log files have write permission.
    SSL enabled for checkout
    Google Checkout latest version: v1.3RC2

SSL certificate works and is also on the google list for accepted certificates.

It is not PHP over CGI. I get an error on responsehandler.php when I set this to true and configure my .htaccess files. In fact, it's IIS, so it can't do anything with the .htaccess files anyway. So, this is set to false.

Response handler located:
    https://www.artzquest.com/googlechec...nsehandler.php
    This is entered as the API callback url in both sandbox and live production google accounts.

responsehandler_test.php:
    http://www.artzquest.com/responsehandler_test.php

Both sandbox and live Merchant ID's and Keys are correct - checked probably 15 times, copied and pasted from the google account.

Log files have write permission.

Bank account has been verified on both sandbox and live production google accounts.

I overwrote the all core files affected by the google mod and installed the files. Checked over 7 times to make sure I installed correctly. 4 times I deleted and reinstalled everything.

After testing the clean install (with fail), I added the code from one other mod manually. Tested again, and no difference to the google checkout results.

What am I missing? Why doesn't this work?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: google checkout problems

Might be an idea to post this where you will possibly get quicker
    response i.e Mian Google checkout thread at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47318

Plugin Contributions

There's about 50 sub-threads in that thread. There are a lot of people who have posted questions there and have not received an answer. Those who are already engaged in on going sub-discussions seem to ignore new requests. Before asking the question here, I read about 90% of those posts and read through most of the other posts on google checkout.

I know it was easy to respond with that answer, but I gave that a lot of thought before posting here. I'm going to stick it here for a while. Please don't dilute my thread by offering objections to people answering me here. What I need is a solution. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I agree, I feel that the one thread for one module is not the answer.

I would like to see a sub forum for each module. However I'm a thinking that the managment of that could get hairy.

What does your google checkout error logs say?

gotto http://sandbox.google.com/

I have a feeling that your ssl isn't quite setup right. That's what my problem was as well. My error was that googlecheckout couldn't gain access to the responder.php and it wasn't a permissions issue. It had something to do with the ( fopen ) command which wasn't turned on for my server.

However I'm on an apache server. Do you have access to your php.ini file? if so, check to see if your fopen is set to off.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks birdoasis. In the sandbox.google.com account under integration, it gives the data that is shown on: http://www.artzquest.com/responsehandler_test.php

It says that there is an authentication problem. However, there is no password protection on that directory or file. As far as I can see SSL is set up and is working correctly - haven't had any problems with that. The API response is set to https://www.artzquest.com/googlechec...nsehandler.php

The SSL is set up for www.artzquest.com.

The only thing I can figure is that the chain of providers on the SSL certificate might not be complete. Is there a way to test this - to see if the SSL certificate is showing the full chain of providers, and no providers are missing?

Plugin Contributions

fopen enabled on this server.

Could it be that google checkout is not compatible with IIS servers?

Another question: do I need to password protect the googlecheckout directory, using the Merchant Id as the user and the Merchant key as the password? This page

https://checkout.google.com/support/...57519&hl=en_US

seems to suggest this, but I could be reading this wrong. I did try it and it didn't work. But, maybe this is another piece in the puzzle?

Plugin Contributions

Alright, I'll try it on the mother google thread.

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea if it's compatable with IIS or not.

I didn't have to password protect anything, unless my server tech did that without telling me. I think they only accessed the root of the server to fix my problem.

The only time I've noticed a password being involved is when php is used as CGI.

JP