Thread: SID-Redirect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default SID-Redirect

This addon will remove the initial session ID (aka. SID) from the query string if cookies are enabled and working.

The main benefit of doing this is to minimise the chances that people will give out URLs to your web site containing a session ID, which if followed may cause customers to see each others data registered on your web site (mostly caused by someone doing a copy/paste of the URL from their browser and into a blog or newsletter or email etc).
    In other words, this mod is mostly about increasing security by avoiding a trivial but potentially dangerous situation.

The session ID is normally displayed in the query string only on the first hit of a new session, but with this mod it will never be displayed in the users browser as long as cookies are enabled and working. Without cookies enabled the session ID must always (not just on the initial hit) be present in the query string, and this mod can not do anything about that.

For the purpose of redirecting to self (the requested page), this mod looks for the presence of a server variable and if a valid server variable is not found it will simply skip redirection. It is therefore believed that this mod should be compatible with any server environment, although it will not do anything if none of the common server variables are found (REQUEST_URI, HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL, PHP_SELF, SCRIPT_NAME).

Get the latest version of SID Redirect from the Zen Cart downloads area

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SID-Redirect

Does this work with SEO Urls mod?
    Seo Urls 3.0.0-beta1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Does this work with SEO Urls mod?
    Seo Urls 3.0.0-beta1
    I don't know, I don't use that mod. There was a conflict between these 2 mods before (the earlier version of SEO, I don't know about the latest beta), but there shouldn't be any problems now, at least not the same problem.

The problem was that the SEO mod made changes to the function zen_redirect() to use language variables for using text in URLs, while this mod also used that function for redirecting but this mod loaded before languages were configured. This was not a big problem because you could just change when this mod loaded, but this should in any case not be a problem now, because this mod doesn't use any zc-functions now.

If anybody here are using the SEO mod then maybe they can give a better answer to your question. I'm guessing that they'll work just fine together, but I won't be responsible for any damage done so test it thoroughly (as always) before you apply it to your live web shop.

Plugin Contributions

Liked the idea of this mod as I had problems with ZenID in google in the past

I dont know if this has been mentioned before on the previous thread as I have not had the time to read it - but this mod creates a problem with Google webmaster tools and does not allow Google to verify a site.

Apparently it creates a redirect loop - I have only just discovered this and have not had time to look into it any more but will get back with more info as I find it

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

Think it may be a Shared Certificate issue - Pity - I really liked this mod

Quote Originally Posted by dwno View Post
    I don't know, I don't use that mod. There was a conflict between these 2 mods before (the earlier version of SEO, I don't know about the latest beta), but there shouldn't be any problems now, at least not the same problem.

The problem was that the SEO mod made changes to the function zen_redirect() to use language variables for using text in URLs, while this mod also used that function for redirecting but this mod loaded before languages were configured. This was not a big problem because you could just change when this mod loaded, but this should in any case not be a problem now, because this mod doesn't use any zc-functions now.

If anybody here are using the SEO mod then maybe they can give a better answer to your question. I'm guessing that they'll work just fine together, but I won't be responsible for any damage done so test it thoroughly (as always) before you apply it to your live web shop.

I'll confirm it works with SEO 3.0beta1 with the extra fixes mentioned in http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=693

Successfully using it on three shop-fronts :)

Cheers,

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Thanks dwno. I am going to try and install this mod. I will most certainly let you know how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

The tool works as far as removing zenids, but if you are interested in search you should steer clear of it. The problem with this little mod is that it will do a 302 redirect on your whole site, which is a temporary redirect. You do not want to operate a web business constantly feeding 302s to search engines. I was really excited about this mod and wish it would have solved the zenid issue.

I should say that I only tested this mod while running Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.103. One problem is that with the Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.103 mod running it would 302 back to the non seo friendly urls, which would then be 302 to the seo friendly urls. It created a little loop that did slow down load times on each page. Let me just say that the mod does work and I did receive an order while testing it out for a few hours.

By the way, I found this tool a few weeks ago when I was installing the Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.103 mod. It works great for letting you know exactly what type of redirects are being given. Check it out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gid View Post
    The tool works as far as removing zenids, but if you are interested in search you should steer clear of it. The problem with this little mod is that it will do a 302 redirect on your whole site, which is a temporary redirect. You do not want to operate a web business constantly feeding 302s to search engines. I was really excited about this mod and wish it would have solved the zenid issue.

I should say that I only tested this mod while running Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.103. One problem is that with the Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.103 mod running it would 302 back to the non seo friendly urls, which would then be 302 to the seo friendly urls. It created a little loop that did slow down load times on each page. Let me just say that the mod does work and I did receive an order while testing it out for a few hours.

By the way, I found this tool a few weeks ago when I was installing the Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.103 mod. It works great for letting you know exactly what type of redirects are being given. Check it out.
    ultimate seo 2.103 had this problem with the previous version of SID as well - it isn't so much a problem with this mod though, as it was with ultimate seo. the beta 3 version that is out right now for ultimate seo (supposedly) works with this mod.. i haven't personally tried it so i'm not going to say it does but a poster on the previous page did state that it worked on 3 stores like a charm

Plugin Contributions

This mod has stopped working for me. I reuploaded the files but I am still getting zenID on my website... Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast