Plugin Contributions

Default "Manual Order Maker" contribution for Zen Cart?

I'm looking for a contribution for my 1.3.7 Zen Cart installation that would make it easier for admins to create orders through the ZC backend. We've transitioned to using ZC as the front-end for our whole e-commerce setup, but we're still getting some orders being phoned in. Is there an easy way for admins to create orders through the backend?

I found an osCommerce contribution (Manual Order Maker, ww.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4829/category/search,103343) that will do what I need it to, but I'm curious to see if someone else has already done this for Zen Cart before I start trying to convert it to ZC.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Manual Order Maker" contribution for Zen Cart?

I just creted a customer called "Counter Sales" and when I recieve any telephone orders I log in as this customer and place the order using the store-front .

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for replying!

That's what we do now and it works fine, but our order-entering people were wondering if there was an easier way to do it. Ideally it'd be all on one page inside the admin panel somewhere.

I started the Manual Order Maker osC -> Zen Cart conversion...

We'll see how it goes. I wish I knew more PHP.

luke

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if you're still listening, but how did the "Order Maker" conversion go? I'd like to use it if you ever got it going.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I am also extremely interested in this mod. If anyone knows if there is a mod similar to this available please let me know! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I got the following PM from Luke about this:

Gah...

Yeah, I was never able to do that. Would have been nice, but I found an easier (tolerable) workaround.

There's a mod around called "Encrypted Master Password" or something like that. It lets you use the password for one of the admins in the ZC backend to let you log in as whichever customer you want on the ZC front-end. All you need is the customer's email address and the master password.

Once you've done that, you're logged in as that customer, and can place orders for that customer as necessary. Our client originally wanted a manual order maker type of module so they could place orders in the store that got called in or faxed to them.

This lets them do that, but it's from the front-end, not the admin backend.

Hope this helped some,

Luke
    The module he's referring to is available in two forms from the ZenCart downloads area in the Admin section. One is Encrypted Master Password and the other is Master Password, with the former providing a higher level of security.

I'll try to get the encrypted version installed today and post an evaluation of my own.

Plugin Contributions

I think most of us, at one time or another, have wanted a way to create orders through the admin until we realized that it was unnecessary given the master password contribution. If the customer already has an account, you simply log into their account and place the order for them. If they do not currently have an account, you create it for them for future use.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys! I'll look into that mod. The reason why I wanted a manual order was so that when a friend came to me I could do all the invoices through my admin and minus the shipping out without having to fiddle around with the invoice at the end. Anyways, I'll see what I can find. Thanks for your feedback!

Plugin Contributions

I think most of us, at one time or another, have wanted a way to create orders through the admin until we realized that it was unnecessary given the master password contribution.
    The master password mod DOES work pretty well, and it's easy to install. However, it would still be nice if beginning ZC admins didn't even have to ask this question.

Ah well... it works, and that's what counts.