Plugin Contributions

Default How to get the home page to show up

How do I get the main page to show up when I type in my website address? If you go to www.ValuCopy.com my main zen cart page does not show. It only shows from the zen cart admin panel when I click on "catalog."

I'm sure it's an easy fix but it's driving me nuts!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get the home page to show up

It's impossible to say as we are unable to see your site. However when I try to access http://www.valucopy.com/index.php I get a file not found message which suggests that you don't have Zen Cart installed where you think you do, and certainly not where your URL is pointing.

You must have it installed somewhere, as you can get to it via the admin, but I'm guessing that this is because your configuration files point to where it is actually installed.

Another possibility is that the permissions on the index.php file don't allow any public access so that visitors can only access your site when referred from another page on the server.

You will probably need to talk to your web host to sort this out.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, your right, I had it in the wrong folder on my server. So, I moved all the files to be in the www/ folder on my server but now when I go to www.valucopy.com it's telling me www.valucopy.com/zc_install file not found. Well, in some zen cart book I bought it said after you install it then delete the file zc-install, so I did. My store and site is ready to go live, if I run the zc_install again it will delete all my work.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: How to get the home page to show up

OMG!!!!! I clicked on the URL that you posted, and got your setup files!!, which means that I just walked right into your server!! you desperately need to CHMOD 777 on this!!! If I wasn't an honest person, I could destroy anything, and everything that you've probably worked hard on!
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

You are right to not want to run zc_install again. The reason that Zen Cart is looking for this is because it can't find a critical part of your installation and so is trying to re-install to re-create it.

This problem is almost certainly because your site is no longer where it was installed, but the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files are still pointing to the original installation location. You will need to edit the path names that they contain to reflect your site's shiny new habitat.

(and get rid of that zc_install directory quick before somebody less kind than Get Em Fast does something malicious)

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I changed the admin/includes/configure.php to show the path of my new location. The includes/configure.php file exists but it's 0 KB, there is no code to edit in it?

Plugin Contributions

Well that's pretty serious. Zen Cart can't function without the information that should be in that file. You can get a copy of it from the Zen Cart distribution package, but it's called dist-configure.php. You would need to rename it as configure.php and fill in the data needed using your admin/includes/configure.php as a model.