Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change all products to taxable goods

Thanks for this SQL patch; UPDATE products SET products_tax_class_id=1;

Works great but ...

I currently have my prices set as "tax included" and tax class "none" so today on the product set up page each of my "net price" is the same as my "gross price"

When I run this patch it, of course, causes the tax to be added to my net price to create a new gross price which is too high.

This seems like an issue other people will have run into but I did not find a solution anywhere?

I suppose I could write an SQL patch to copy each of the net prices to the gross price box and then recalculate the net prices, does not seem too elegant a solution?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Thanks for this SQL patch; UPDATE products SET products_tax_class_id=1;

Works great but ...

I currently have my prices set as "tax included" and tax class "none" so today on the product set up page each of my "net price" is the same as my "gross price"

When I run this patch it, of course, causes the tax to be added to my net price to create a new gross price which is too high.

This seems like an issue other people will have run into but I did not find a solution anywhere?

I suppose I could write an SQL patch to copy each of the net prices to the gross price box and then recalculate the net prices, does not seem too elegant a solution?
    The patch provided doesn't take into account the very unusual action of changing the entire store from tax-added to tax-included. That requires manual editing of each price to remove the tax component, because it still adds the tax at checkout (just displays it differently).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks

Plugin Contributions

I recall seeing something similar years ago. You may want to look at a couple of older threads on increasing and decreasing prices.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ecrease+prices
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....versally/page3
    Last edited by VDecalS; 1 Aug 2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: seperate links
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Plugin Contributions

Great thanks

I experimented with - UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price / (1 + tax rate)
    Then ran the - UPDATE products SET products_tax_class_id=1;

Worked fine on my test site.

Now I just have to do the same with my attribute prices

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The patch provided doesn't take into account the very unusual action of changing the entire store from tax-added to tax-included. That requires manual editing of each price to remove the tax component, because it still adds the tax at checkout (just displays it differently).
    Was not really my idea, the tax authorities were pushing me to show the tax value on the invoice

Anyway turned out OK.

I ran Change tax category "UPDATE products SET products_tax_class_id=1;"
    The few products in a different tax class I changed manually to tax_class_id=2

Then I ran "UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price /(1 plus tax rate) WHERE products_tax_class_id=1;"
    Did the same for tax_class_id=2

Then I ran Fix tax in attribute prices; "UPDATE products_attributes SET options_values_price = options_values_price/(1 plus tax rate) WHERE options_values_price <> '0';"

Then I ran Fix tax in specials prices; "UPDATE specials SET specials_new_products_price = specials_new_products_price/(1 plus tax rate) WHERE specials_new_products_price <> '0';"

The few attributes and specials for tax rate 2 I changed manually, I could also have tried multiple WHERE statements.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234