Thread: login names

Plugin Contributions

Default login names

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this question but does anyone know if there is a module that will allow us to set up a custom login name for our customers? We do not want to use email addresses but rather client id's would work better for us. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: login names

No one knows of any solutions?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is based on the email address of the customer for identification and verification ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well dat suks! We are a wholesaler and have assigned clients ids to our customers. Is there a contribution that includes an input field to populate a custom client ID during registration? That would solve my dilemma. I just need something to feed this into the database..

Plugin Contributions

I do not know of one off the top of my head but you could customize the code to have a new field for the customer ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Still pretty new to Zen. Where could I do that in admin?

Plugin Contributions

You would need to add a new field to the customers table ...

Then customize the code for creating accounts and editing accounts ... depending on how this field gets in there ...

Then customize the Admin section for Customer ... Customers ... so you can edit view the data ...

Then need to customize the orders table if you need this code to carry over to the orders ...

Then customize the account history if you need the new field to show on the customer order ...

Then need to customize the orders, invoice and packing slip if you need it to show there ...

You have not given enough information about how you want to use this new field, where it shows and what you intend to do with it, if anything, beyond display ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

The custom id data will be used to link with quickbooks. Its possible we could use some other registration element already available instead of custom id. I need to talk with my brother to discuss what elements exist on both sides and if any, decide if it would be a reliable element to use as our crossover. Eventually too on a different note... we'd like to have our inventory realtime on both platforms, web and backend. Any thoughts? Thank you by the way!