I'm working on a Zen Cart implementation with about 120K items in it. I'm testing on a WAMP server (wampserver.com) on my local machine. I've got about 60K records into Zen Cart so far, and I'm seeing major scaling issues. What sort of settings are people using in practice for the memory limit? FYI, I've already implemented the speed suggestions in the FAQ and am not using the manufacturers.

In particular, I'm running over my 8meg limit in php.ini. This is happening when I'm adding a product to the cart or viewing the item detail. Running the XDebug profiler shows that it's hitting the database for every item when doing either of these tasks. (WHY??) This is using the move fuction of the queryfactory method. While I can easily change the memory limit in on my local machine, doing this on a server, AND dealing with multiple users at the same time is another issue altogether.

I've heard reports of people who are using ZenCart on 300K-400K item count stores. Are they running the current version, or did something get lost in the restructuring of 1.3.x to lose the high query counts (but we're now hitting the session memory way too hard)

If you're running a large product database, or know someone that is, I'd appreciate a lead or conversation.

Thanks,

Gregg Short
GShort.com, LLC
gregg-aaattt-gshort.com