Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default No email with PayPal in other currencies

I've been using Paypal IPN for about 2 months without any problem, but I recently added other currencies besides USD as a payment option, and now orders in non-USD currencies are being processed by PayPal but I don't get the email confirmation and the order doesn't show up in the CP. I've installed the latest patches.

So far it's been just two orders - one in AUD and the other in EUR. USD are still being processed correctly.

I've set PayPal to automatically convert other currencies into USD - is that the problem? This means that the customer is billed in their preferred currency but my account is credited with USD.

For recovering the first order I used the PayPal Sessions Viewer and then finally used the master password mod to log into the customer's account and re-ordered the items using the money order payment module.

But I see in this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...pal+currencies

Dr. Byte says that
    The PayPal Sessions Viewer lets you push the order into the database if no other methods are working.
    How does that work? I don't see that feature.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No email with PayPal in other currencies

1. Turn on debug logging in your PayPal module.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

2. Simulate what you describe by doing a test transaction. Post the logs for review.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just did two test orders in PayPal Sandbox - one in USD and the other in AUD. The USD dollar order was processed correctly, but the AUD didn't finalize - no order record in the backend.

I looked through the log files, most of it had no significant differences between the two, but here is the end of the AUD order:

May 06 2007 7:29 -- Breakpoint: 5 - Transaction type (txn_type) = unique

May 06 2007 7:29 -- IPN WARNING :: Currency/Amount Mismatch. Details:
    PayPal email address = [email protected]
    | mc_currency = AUD
    | submitted_currency = USD
    | order_currency = USD
    | mc_gross = 173.94
    | converted_amount = 136.00
    | order_amount = 136
    It ends there - there is no Breakpoint 6.

The currency exchanges were updated just before making these orders, and I'm using the default spread for exchange fees.

The amount of this purchase would be $136 USD, but the log files show:

[mc_gross] => 173.94
    [settle_amount] => 138.23

...so maybe this is the problem.

Plugin Contributions

The May 10th Paypal patch seems to have corrected this problem.

You people are really amazing. ZC has by far the best support I've ever seen. I wish I could send you a thousand dollars, but for now I sent a (smaller) donation a few days ago.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that the current PayPal Patch was able to help ...

Be sure that you update using the current PayPal Patch ...

Each patch is designed to be a full install for PayPal and it is not necessary to install each individual patch ... just the latest ...

Note: current patch is May 10th
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216
    Last edited by Ajeh; 10 May 2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. Turn on debug logging in your PayPal module.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199
    This is still a problem with me. I don't get a lot of non-USD orders, and the other currencies work sometimes. but just today I got two orders in EUR - one of them processed correctly and the other didn't - I received the PayPal notification but didn't receive the customer's order.

I've got logging turned on so can I send you both transaction files? I don't want to post them because they've got customer details.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. What do you have selected in your Zen Cart PayPal settings for Transaction Currency?
    Transaction Currency
    Which currency should the order be sent to PayPal as?
    NOTE: if an unsupported currency is sent to PayPal, it will be auto-converted to USD.

-Selected Currency
    -Only USD
    -Only AUD
    -Only CAD
    -Only EUR
    -Only GBP
    -Only CHF
    -Only CZK
    -Only DKK
    -Only HKD
    -Only HUF
    -Only JPY
    -Only NOK
    -Only NZD
    -Only PLN
    -Only SEK
    -Only SGD
    -Only THB
    2. In your PayPal account profile, do you have both a USD and a EUR currency balance?
    Or have you configured it to auto-convert transactions to a certain currency?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1. What do you have selected in your Zen Cart PayPal settings for Transaction Currency?
    Selected currency

2. In your PayPal account profile, do you have both a USD and a EUR currency balance?
    Or have you configured it to auto-convert transactions to a certain currency?
    I only have a USD balance and the setting is to convert other currencies to USD.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paul3648 View Post
    I only have a USD balance and the setting is to convert other currencies to USD.
    If you only intend to keep a USD balance in PayPal, and have all other currencies auto-converted, then you should set your Zen Cart side to "Only USD".
    That will cause Zen Cart to pre-convert to USD (based on exchange rate set in your Admin->Localization->Currencies) and eliminate the currency mismatch problems you're experiencing.

(Basically, your Zen Cart stored an order in EUR, but got USD back from PayPal, and the amounts didn't match ... so it treated it as invalid, and rejected it. Thus you got no order created.)

Plugin Contributions

If you only intend to keep a USD balance in PayPal, and have all other currencies auto-converted, then you should set your Zen Cart side to "Only USD".
    Thanks - I'll try that.

Strange though that some non-USD orders got through, but not others.

I'll report back one way or the other, but it may be a while. Like I said I don't get a lot of non-USD orders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast