Plugin Contributions

Default Master Category ID

hi, please someone enlighten me what is master category id? i've tried looking at zen cart wiki but there's no luck, i just want to see the definition of master category id, what it does, how it works, links are welcome, tia.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Master Category ID

The master_categories_id is the categories_id for the Category that "owns" the Product ...

If you were to put a Category on Sale, that master_categories_id is used to know whether or not that Product is on sale or not, as Linked Products may or may not be on sale just because they are in a Category that is on Sale ...

If a Product belongs to 1 Category, then that categories_id is the master_categories_id ...

If a Product belongs to more than 1 Category, then 1 of the multiple Categories should be setup as the master_categories_id ...

This is all managed for you, by default, when working on Products and Categories ... you only need to adjust the master_categories_id when it is not set to the right Category because you might have moved it or changed your mind and wanted to put a Category called, for example, Clearance on sale for 20% off with SaleMaker ... any products Linked to this Category would be on Sale IF this was the Product's master_categories_id ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Master Category ID

thanks ajeh for the prompt reply.

say, i have two categories- A and B. i linked product x of category A to category B. (the master category id of product x is category A in this case.) i placed category B on sale. but this means that product x won't be on sale right?

thanks