Plugin Contributions

Default Billing and Shipping address not match

I got an order that had a "red dot" on it and it says "billing and shipping address did not match". And the status says "Processing".

Upon looking at the invoice, I see that customer used lowercase "s" for one address and uppercase "s" for another address. Since this is an honest mistake, I want to complete this transaction. What do I have to do as an merchant? How do I bill the customer now? (Since this red dot indicates that transacation was not successful).

Furthermore, how do I turn off the "match billing and shipping validation"? I would like to do this even if it means I have to write PHP code.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Billing and Shipping address not match

That is just a warning or a heads up when there is not an exact match on customer address, customer shipping and/or customer billing address ...

They may not match for various reasons but it is up to you to determin if the mismatch is of concern or not ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

So you are saying that the transaction should have gone through in this case?

However, the merchant never did recieve the money in his PayPal account. This is the first ever transaction from this store. So could it be that the transaction failed for another reason?

Plugin Contributions

When an order comes in, does the merchant need to "do anything" in order for the transaction to get processed? I'm using PayPal IPN.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    The red dot that indicates that shipping and billing addresses differ has nothing what so ever to do with the processing of the order. I frequently get orders with a red dot and the get processed in the same manner as any order where the shipping and the billing address are the same.

So your problem that the funds did not arrive in your PayPal account is not related with the red dot. You need to focus and test your PayPal IPN setup. Do a search and you'll find a couple of very helpful tutorial on setting up PayPal

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. You are right. The red dot turned out to be an red herring. The PayPal IPN was mis-configured. After fixing that, transactions (even with red dots) are going through fine.