Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages / EZ Pages

i can see my page in the define_pages editor (and i can edit the contents here), but i cannot see it in de define_pages_status however.
    Use the admin > tools > developers tool kit to locate each file where say page_2 is in the files - make a list of the files and insure that your added page is in all of these files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

what if i want the content of the define page to show up in the box and not just the link to the page. when i add the require ($define_page) it errors that its missing the include path.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

what if i want the content of the define page to show up in the box and not just the link to the page. when i add the require ($define_page) it errors that its missing the include path.
    What?? What box?
    Add the require to what file and what code are you adding?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

sorry, let me be clearer...
    i followed the instructions for using the more_information box to display define pages links.

now i have a more information box with the links. but what i would like is that box to display the page_5 define page content.

i looked at how it is displayed on the template for the page and it has
    require {$define_page) to retrieve the code. but i got an include path error. so i added the path with this code:

$more_information .= require('includes/languages/english/html_includes/MY TEMPLATE/define_page_5.php');
    into more_information.php

which almost works. i get the text in a sidebox on the page, but the included formatting shows up below it. so it does...

define pages text
    box heading
    box (empty)

MM

Plugin Contributions

Grab the downloads/other "About Us" mod for referece to all the files that require adding to or editing (this one is for the Information sidebox so just do a conversion to the "more information" sidebox when reading this
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

thanks i wil try that!

Plugin Contributions

Kobra, i downloaded and read the read me file. the instructions are for creating a page (that displays in main page) and a side box with a link.

that i can do.

what i want is for the define page text to appear in the side box.

it appears now, just not inside the template... very weird.

any other suggestions would be appreciated. thanks for all the help!!
    MM

Plugin Contributions

but what i would like is that box to display the page_5 define page content.
    Did you mean a sidebox? This is not much realestate???

What are you trying to have in this "box"?

Maybe I should have read closer?? Nah, I still would not have determined that this was a sidebox.

You can look at the "Blank side box" and in the file place the code to have a new page(small) content displayed there that can be edited from the admin
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

no it is not much real estate, but that is what i needed. anyway i got it working. here is what i did if anyone else tries this.

created define pages file called define_shipping_notes.php in languages/html_includes/MYTEMPLATE/

i put all the templating in the modules/sidebox/MYTEMPLATE/shipping_notes.php page surrounding the call to the define page.

for some reason (probably my lack of understanding of php etc) i could not get the text inside the template required from another page. so here is what it looks like:

this is everything between the php tags. my sidebox is for shipping notes to appear just on the login page.

$show_blank_sidebox = true;

if (($show_blank_sidebox == true) && ($_GET['main_page'] == 'login')) {

$title = BOX_HEADING_SHIPPING_NOTES_SIDEBOX;
    $title_link = false;

echo '<div class=\"rightBoxContainer\" id=\"'. str_replace('_', '-', $box_id ) .'">';
    echo '<h3 class="rightBoxHeading" id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id) . 'Heading' . '">' . $title . '</h3>';
    echo '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent">';
    $add_a_page = zen_get_file_directory(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/html_includes/MYTEMPLATE/', FILENAME_DEFINE_SHIPPING_NOTES, 'false');
    require($add_a_page);
    echo '</div></div>';
    }

you will need to create the right filename entries in english.php. and filename.php

this will give you a sidebox that displays define page content that clients or site managers can update without touching the php.

if anyone knows why the template would not work i would love to know.

thanks for the help MM

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dinosoup View Post
    I was also wondering how to create a new define page and found this post.

Thanks to the instructions given by you guys, I have successfully created a new define page. Except only one step is missing; you have to insert a new row in the "configuration" table in the database.
    Code:
    INSERT  INTO  `zencart`.`zen_configuration` ( `configuration_id` ,
     `configuration_title` ,
     `configuration_key` ,
     `configuration_value` ,
     `configuration_description` ,
     `configuration_group_id` ,
     `sort_order` ,
     `last_modified` ,
     `date_added` ,
     `use_function` ,
     `set_function` 
    )
    VALUES ( NULL ,  'Define Page 9',  'DEFINE_PAGE_9_STATUS',  '1',  'Enable the Defined Page 9 Link/Text?<br />0= Link ON, Define Text OFF<br />1= Link ON, Define Text ON<br />2= Link OFF, Define Text ON<br />3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF',  '25',  '85',  NULL ,  '0001-01-01 00:00:00',  NULL ,  'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''0'', ''1'', ''2'', ''3''),'
    );
    This one works for me thanks..!!. but i add the whole field data from the configuration table by reference from the sql backup to match the current auto increments.. i use this query to activate page status [on/off] in admin area.

another issue, the site map page didnt show the new extra defined page with about_us method (with 4 folders involved) though the about_us works fine. so i add the new defined page code in site map page code using developer tools and search the string that point everything to the site map.
    it is very easy to find, just search shippinginfo, privacy, or else which is on the information box. duplicate everything and rename it (the code in the files you've found) as your new defined page name. then use the sql query above to add the page to the database.
    to me site maps is important. it makes easier and faster to browse information you need in a bulk site with tons of high res images.

change and add to
    - /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php
    - /includes/filenames.php
    - /admin/includes/languages/english/define_pages_editor.php
    - /admin/includes/languages/english.php
    - /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_not_found_default.php

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast