Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Resetting Virtual Downloads

Hi,

I sell downloadable products. I originally set the downloads to expire in 7 days with 5 download attempts. I have since started setting up the download attributes with no expiration and 5 download attempts. From time to time I get request to reset the downloads. to do this, I have been going into the past orders and clicking on update to reset the download limits. On those older attributes with a time limit, it resets them for another 7 days and adds 5 more download attempts. However, on the products with no expiration, it adds an expiration of 1 day.

Am I doing something wrong? Why is it setting an expiration date of 1 day on attributes that are set up not to expire?

Thank you for any help.

Jack

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Resetting Virtual Downloads

Which version of Zen Cart are you using?
    What mods/contributions do you have installed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm running v1.3.7 with the following mods, Super Orders, Login Box, and Cross Sell.

Other than the template and a few cosmetic changes, I have not done a lot to the program. It works pretty darn good out of the box.

Thank you for your help.

Jack

Plugin Contributions

I know everyone is very busy, and this is a minor problem compared to others. However, I sure would like a clue as to where to look for a possible fix.

Thanks again for you time.

Jack

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you use the regular /admin/orders.php instead of /admin/super_orders.php, does the download reset work properly?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I get the same result using either one. The funny thing is I have Expiry days: (0 = unlimited) set to 0, and Maximum download count to 5, but when I reset the download count, it sets an expiration to today's date in the customers order history. By the time they read the email, often the download has expired even though they have more download attempts.

I tried to set a new expiry to 30 days, and then update, but it will not update old orders that have already been purchased.

I can't thank you enough for the help.

Thanks

Jack

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's the version date stamp on your /includes/modules/pages/download/header_php.php file?

Plugin Contributions

Are you refering to the version date in the comments at the top of the page? If so it is: * @version $Id: header_php.php 4135 2006-08-14 04:25:02Z drbyte $

Jack

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, good. I think we can rule out the downloader portion and focus on the order-reset portion (as you originally asked).

Can you look up the same header stamp from the /admin/orders.php file?

Also, how are you resetting these downloads? Are you changing the order status to "Update"? or are you clicking the green/red button to the left of the specific filename? Do you get the same results using both methods?

Plugin Contributions

Here is the header stamp from the orders.php page:
    * @version $Id: orders.php 5426 2006-12-28 14:58:57Z drbyte $

I was resetting the downloads by using the update method. It worked fine when the downloads had an expiry set. Then I started clicking on Grn/red button, which also worked when there was an expiry. I only noticed a problem when I started setting up new downloads with the expiry set to 0.

Thank you again for your help.

Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast