View Poll Results: Do you use the Google Analytics Goals ?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

9 28.13%
  • Rarely

8 25.00%
  • Often (please tell us what you use it for)

15 46.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Do you use the Google Analytics Goals ?

Hi again,

thanks for the help there, i'll see how it goes in the funnel (i'm not sure if that url will work with the SEO URL mod i've got running) bu i'll know shortly.

As for the ecommerce tracking i think it may need more time but we should see this in the next couple of days too.

Cheers, ToNy!

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing the tutorial vids and i'm pretty sure they'll help out a lot of people. Have you ever seen or tried any split testing software running in zencart, i've been playing round with the google website optimizer in a straight html based site and found it works really well.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again,

The more i use and play with analytics the more i love it. What URL would i use to track a category page in a funnel?

Cheers, ToNy!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buyashed View Post
    Hi again,

thanks for the help there, i'll see how it goes in the funnel (i'm not sure if that url will work with the SEO URL mod i've got running) bu i'll know shortly.

As for the ecommerce tracking i think it may need more time but we should see this in the next couple of days too.

Cheers, ToNy!

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing the tutorial vids and i'm pretty sure they'll help out a lot of people. Have you ever seen or tried any split testing software running in zencart, i've been playing round with the google website optimizer in a straight html based site and found it works really well.
    That url COULD change (and probably should) if you are using SEF URLS. You would still keep head match on though.

Yes, I split test constantly. It is one of the many items I use to increase conversion. Split testing helps me determine what works and what doesn't (for generating action on the site).

I use two different split testing software's. One is Google Website Optimizer which is nice. The other uses the Taguchi method of split testing.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again,

The more i use and play with analytics the more i love it. What URL would i use to track a category page in a funnel?

Cheers, ToNy!

Use a url similar to this if you want to track category pages in a funnel. This url assumes you do NOT have SEF Urls running. If you have those running, you'll want to adjust accordingly.

http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?...e=index&cPath=

Again, make sure you set this funnel to "Head Match" for urls or it won't work.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

cart error Re: Do you use the Google Analytics Goals ?

Hi again Econcepts,

I just found something interesting in my Analytics's. My Direct Debit Orders are registering fine but my paypal orders aren't showing up in analytics at all.....? Seems a little strange......

Cheers, ToNy!

Plugin Contributions

Hi again Econcepts,

I just found something interesting in my Analytics's. My Direct Debit Orders are registering fine but my paypal orders aren't showing up in analytics at all.....? Seems a little strange......

Cheers, ToNy!
    Tony,

Are you sure that you did the following (for your PayPal account):

1) Set the Return URL to Zen Cart's "order processed" page? (The exact url can be found in your Admin whiel setting up your PayPal account. The Return URL has to still be plugged into the PAyPal side in order to return the "completed transaction" data to the cart (thus triggering the tracking code if installed).

2) Are your buyers (that use PayPal) clicking the "Return to Merchant" button after they complete a purchase? If not, again the analytics will not trigger properly.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Yes, I split test constantly. It is one of the many items I use to increase conversion. Split testing helps me determine what works and what doesn't (for generating action on the site).

I use two different split testing software's. One is Google Website Optimizer which is nice. The other uses the Taguchi method of split testing.
    How do you split test a ZenCart site?
    Since it's dynamic and database driven, how exactly do you make the changes so there's two sites?

It seems like any changes you make would affect BOTH sides of the split...
    do you literally run a second install of ZenCart?

This has been bugging me for a while now...can't get my head around it.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE: I may be wrong, but I think I found the answer...
    the way it works is you add extra code to your site, make changes within this code, then register it with GWO...who then caches a copy of the examples and serves it up accordingly.

I was thinking you literally needed two versions of a site to do split tests...
    and when it comes to duplicating your ZenCart site, there's SSL certs and databases to consider (not to mention 3rd party order fulfillment software/licenses, etc).

So I'm pretty happy now...
    split testing was high on my list, but I didn't know how I was gonna do it.

Thanks GOOGLE!!!

Plugin Contributions

blackhalo, or others:

I am desperate to find out how to split test my page.

What exactly do you put in the extra code:
    "the way it works is you add extra code to your site, make changes within this code, then register it with GWO...who then caches a copy of the examples and serves it up accordingly."
    These topics - conversion + splittesting have to be the two most interesting things in the e-commerce world! :)

Plugin Contributions

Lots of questions...

I'm guessing that the funnel report will still include visitors who view extra pages in the middle of the defined funnel steps?

Here's a sample funnel I'm considering.

http://www.domain.com/index.php?main_page=product_info
    https://www.domain.com/index.php?main_page=login
    https://www.domain.com/index.php?mai...ckout_shipping
    https://www.domain.com/index.php?mai...eckout_payment
    https://www.domain.com/index.php?mai...t_confirmation
    https://www.domain.com/index.php?mai...eckout_success

I don't have the shopping cart as a funnel step, because my configuration is set to not open the shopping cart page when adding an item to the cart. So a visitor can do the whole process by never viewing the shopping cart page.

The "checkout" steps are all necessarily sequential, but what about the product page and login page? A user might conceivably log in to his existing account, view an item, add to cart, and continue, so that login comes before the product page. So wouldn't some conversions be disqualified from the report because the visitor doesn't go to the login page after viewing product info?

A visitor could create an account and later log in from another computer and another IP address. Perhaps he already has items saved in his account shopping cart, so the view product page isn't even necessary. How does it know he ever viewed a product if it's done in a different session, much less from a different IP and/or computer (with cookies)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast