Thread: no tax in field

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: no tax in field

also do you know if i am able to have this calulate like , i want to just have the shipping calulate like 10% of each item in the cart ?

and btw i am so greatfull for your help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: no tax in field

Quote Originally Posted by DougMN64 View Post
    i am useing a acct i registered in my store to check the tax at check out, but i am in the same state as the tax class i chosed when entering the product , so will the tax place change if someone not from MN trys to buy that item even tho the tax class is for MN

All the states I have ever sold product in ONLY require collecting sales tax IF the product is shipped to someone in the state where your sales tax license is, or if the product is picked up at your store/house/warehouse location.

If you ship to another state, no sales tax applies. Check with Minnesota for sure but I suspect no tax applies outside MN.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DougMN64 View Post
    also do you know if i am able to have this calulate like , i want to just have the shipping calulate like 10% of each item in the cart ?

and btw i am so greatfull for your help
    Yes, you can do this in ZC. In Admin, Modules-> Shipping -> Per Item Shipping.

Install the module and fill in the blanks. Oh, just for your info, UNINSTALL any shipping module you are not using.

Oh, your welcome. I've been up and running since Feb though I was totally unfamiliar with this stuff till I started this project. Hopefully something I learned can help you resolve these little glitches and get you going. ZC really is fabulous and it does so much already.

Kind regards,
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: no tax in field

hey rush , were you able to log into my store url
    a friend tryed and said it gave "Windows cannot Diplay site" ?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I set up an account and everything, got the Welcome message sent to my email, too.

Maybe it was a problem with the server. Tell him to try it again and see if it works for him.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

I've been trying this for days now. Starting to get tired.

I setup zones, class taxes and all that. I go my store and configure to use it. I go to product types and say what to use as default. I set product taxes billing to store. Everything described everywhere I've done, and still:

Unknown taxrate: 0.00

when I go to checkout.

Gaaaaaarrrghghghghgh!!!!

Would be nice if someone could explain this whole process somewhere, step for step. I've read and followed the instructions in the FAQ about this. When I don't even understand what I'm doing, how am I supposed to know what to do? Sortof... Taxes are based on the store location which is defined here and depends on that zone which is part of that zonedefinition over there using that tax rate in that tax class and if you twinkle the smiley to the left it all makes sense.

Pfffftttt...

I'm so happy with Zen Cart in every other way. Major disappointment this whole tax thing.

It's so simple. All I want is one tax to be placed on all products throughout the store. Done.

Sorry, if I seem a bit disgruntled here in my first post, but I actually went bald last night. For real. Not kidding.

Plugin Contributions

Funny how when you write it down (or say it out loud as it were) the problem reveals its true nature. Because I'll only be selling in Sweden and don't care much what state they're in, I jiggled the registration form a little (before I knew I could turn some things off from admin) placing customers in Alabama (for some reason) whereas the store was in Sweden.

Geez, I wonder why I couldn't get it to work?

Problem solved, and I'm all happy again. Great app this Zen Cart. Really great. I feel like kissing it or some'. Yeah, I'm gonna kiss it now. Here you go you little noodlepoodle you. You're so great. Oh, yes you are. Oh, yes you aaaare...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rush_woman View Post
    All the states I have ever sold product in ONLY require collecting sales tax IF the product is shipped to someone in the state where your sales tax license is, or if the product is picked up at your store/house/warehouse location.

If you ship to another state, no sales tax applies. Check with Minnesota for sure but I suspect no tax applies outside MN.
    Rush,

How would you set it up so Zen Cart only taxes within your store's state?

Plugin Contributions

Go into the Admin -> Locations/Taxes -> Zone Definitions
    Define a zone for your state.
    Define the Sales Tax Rate in that Zone. There is an option in that area to go to the Tax Rate section. Call it like: Missouri Tax Rate so it is clear it is for your state.

NOTE: I used "Taxable Goods" which was already set. You MAY need to go to Tax Classes and define a Tax Class.

Then, Admin -> My Store,
    Set your Zone = Your State (same as used in the Zone Definitions/Taxes above);
    Set the Basis of Product Tax = Store,
    Set the Basis of Shipping Tax = Store

Then, when you add Products, be sure to select the TAX CLASS for the rate you defined. You will see the amount with tax calculated underneath the price.

On the Shipping Module, be sure to set whether or not you want shipping rates taxed, and the basis for that tax. I do not tax shipping but mine is still set to STORE so that the tax rate for my area would be used.

I think that covers it but let me know if you have any trouble. There may be another place that needs the taxes set but I'm not recall anything else off the top of my head.

Good luck,
    Cheryl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12