Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some tips to modify stylesheet

I am very much a newbie (1 week so far) and trying to figure out custimization and where and how this takes place. Can someone pls help me with changing the font color for both the actual categories side header as well as the categories under them? IS this done in the stylesheet and how do I know if I am changing all of them? I plan to change the sidebox header font colors for all of them. Just need a little guidance on what I am exactly looking for b/c i tried using the firefox maintence add-on to find which line it is to be edited but they dont quite match in the stylesheet. For choosing the font color 6 digit codes can i use photoshop to find the right code i want to use?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Janae.

Plugin Contributions

I use 1.3.7 can't change any thing. I want to know why? How can I do.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jkphil93 View Post
    I am very much a newbie (1 week so far) and trying to figure out custimization and where and how this takes place. Can someone pls help me with changing the font color for both the actual categories side header as well as the categories under them? IS this done in the stylesheet and how do I know if I am changing all of them? I plan to change the sidebox header font colors for all of them. Just need a little guidance on what I am exactly looking for b/c i tried using the firefox maintence add-on to find which line it is to be edited but they dont quite match in the stylesheet. For choosing the font color 6 digit codes can i use photoshop to find the right code i want to use?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Yes, it's done in your stylesheet. I wasn't sure what to change either, so I just did a find to find the classic green color 6 digit code and just replaced it with my new color 6 digit code. I also used Photoshop to get the right color code I wanted. But I read that I should've used the template_default files instead, so I think I need to redo everything.

Plugin Contributions

OK I'm trying to figure out why this isn’t working for me, it's a great tool though!

After selecting "Display Element Information", I highlight "Item Name" - the heading for the item list (I want to change it's color independently of other classes), and I get the class name of
    Code:
    productListing-heading
    The only problem is, when I search for
    Code:
    productListing-heading
    in stylesheet.css using VI, I get an E486 pattern not found error, so apparently this class is not in my stylesheet even though Web Developer extension finds it in firefox.

What am I doing wrong?
    Happy to be a Zen Cart Monthly Donor! :)

Plugin Contributions

Just because a class is in the html doesn't mean it is in a stylesheet - Add it to your stylesheet
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hey thanks Kim it worked!

How does Web Developer determine the class name when it's not in the .css?

Plugin Contributions

How does Web Developer determine the class name when it's not in the .css?
    It's reading the HTML as assembled from all the php files and the database and then rendered in your browser.

The IDs and classes are already there in the code for your use. But quite a few of them are not used in the default stylesheet. So anytime you see a class or id in the code that you'd like to use, you can add it to the stylesheet and set it up as you wish.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Thanks rstevenson.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by diytools View Post
    I use 1.3.7 can't change any thing. I want to know why? How can I do.
    Post a link to your site so we can see the source code of your home page. Then we can tell you the path to your css files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bluefirefly View Post
    Yes, it's done in your stylesheet. I wasn't sure what to change either, so I just did a find to find the classic green color 6 digit code and just replaced it with my new color 6 digit code. I also used Photoshop to get the right color code I wanted. But I read that I should've used the template_default files instead, so I think I need to redo everything.
    If you have Developer installed in FF, you can also find colors using the "View Color Information". This will give you the 6 digit code and a swatch of each color on a particular page. If I see a color I want, just view and get the code. Plug-in as necessary in your stylesheet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast