Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed server on a Mac. Now how do I use it??

Has this issue now been resolved?
    If so I'd be very gratefull if anyone has a clear step guide on how to get this lovely looking Zen Cart to work for us poor old Mac users

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.10 on an Intel Based iMac. And I'm using Dreamweaver 8 to handle my web affairs.
    The problem seems to be Error code: -12263 to do with an SSL issue which states the filenames are too long.
    I know this is a possible problem with MAc OSX users.

Would MAMP resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Never had a problem with long file names - at what point do you get the error?

What are you using to unzip the zen cart archive file after downloading it?

Plugin Contributions

The Zen Cart file is intact and has loaded seemlessly onto my webserver.
    And I've managed to change the suggested permissions ok.
    But in the Zen instructions "Before Running the Installer" it says you should have the https root ready at hand.
    When I test the https root it gives the Error code: -12263 stating that it can't establish a secure conection to the server.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McG View Post
    But in the Zen instructions "Before Running the Installer" it says you should have the https root ready at hand.
    Can you tell me "where" you see those instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McG View Post
    When I test the https root it gives the Error code: -12263 stating that it can't establish a secure conection to the server.
    If you haven't set up SSL support on your MAC webserver, then you'll not be able to use SSL at this point.
    If this is only for testing or development, you probably don't need SSL anyway, so you can just leave the SSL settings off for the time being.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Are you installing zen cart on your local Mac, or on a server?

If you're trying to run zen on your Mac (hence your reference to MAMP maybe) you won't get SSL to work easily, and you don't really need to - leave it turned off while you develop and test on your Mac.

You can turn it back on in the config files when you move your shop to a server.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    The instructions came with the unzipped software. I downloaded "zen-cart-v1.3.7.1-full-patched-07052007" and the folder "docs"contains 28 files. One of which is "1.readme_installation.html"

Thanks for the tip about leaving out the SSL settings for now. This is what I'll do to test & dev the package and sort the nitty gritty out later.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pixxi View Post
    Are you installing zen cart on your local Mac, or on a server?

If you're trying to run zen on your Mac (hence your reference to MAMP maybe) you won't get SSL to work easily, and you don't really need to - leave it turned off while you develop and test on your Mac.

You can turn it back on in the config files when you move your shop to a server.
    No, I went straight to the server for installation. And when I open the shop page on the remote site it comes up ok.
    But for now I'll take DrBytes advice and leave off SSL until it's really needed.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The installation instructions for the next version have been updated to clarify that SSL is typically not required when testing on a local computer.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123