Plugin Contributions

Default PHP errors/clicking category links fails to load product pages

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to zencart (v. 1.3.7). i do not know php, but am willing to learn. the problem is, i need to clear up the immediate error in my store page before i can even move on. i have populated the mySQL data base with product - i just can't get the display pages to load, and i'm thinking it's something simple i can't see for lack of knowledge of php. i've ordered the "zencart book" but in a nutshell, there is a proverbial gun to my head - i need even the most basic functioning this weekend. i'm desperate. i just need the basic functionality to make even the product pages load (clicking the category links fails to load the product pages and no one can add anything to the cart) - modify the text a bit, get pointed in the right direction. the rest i can learn on my own, with the help of the book and time with the forum.

here is a copy of the email techsupport request i made to ipowerweb this morning:

"i am using zencart, an open source shopping cart program using php. i have successfully set up the database and installed the cart, but there were some mention of possible issues with the webserver. when i browse to the store's opening page: www.gypsyhookbeadworks.com/store/ (which is not complete) i get error messsages at the bottom - something cannot load and the main part of the store page (nor the product display pages) can load. here are the error messages in detail:

Warning:
    main (includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_banner_box.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gypsyhoo/public_html/store/includes/modules/sideboxes/banner_box.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed
    opening required
    'includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_banner_box.php'
    (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
    in
    /home/gypsyhoo/public_html/store/includes/modules/sideboxes/banner_box.php
    on line 22"

Can anyone out there tell me what these errors mean and how to fix them?

any help is gratefully appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP errors/clicking category links fails to load product pages

This appears to be a bad upload of files to your website ...

You do not need to Re-Install at this point your database, but you do need to fix your damaged, missing or otherwise corrupt files ...

Get a clean Zen Cart v1.3.7 from our Download link at the top of your screen ...

Unzip it into an empty directory on your computer ...

Load all of the files via FTP to your site ...

Let's see if this doesn't start to straighten up these errors ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP errors/clicking category links fails to load product pages

Thank you for your assistance. I re-loaded the tpl_banner_box.php and the banner_box.php files to the server, overwriting the old files. I then opened up the page and eureka! all was well, except of course it looks awful - until i customize it - at least it works! a very grateful newbie...