Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Export orders to Spreadsheet / Excel to email to suppliers

Yeah, I'm just about there. Hoping to have it in the next few days at the latest.

This one is far better than the first. Since each user has different requirements, but all need the shipping address, etc.., I made it possible in this new version for you to actually select which "additional fields" you want included in the export file.

I also included a few other "bonus features" as well.

I have it running successfully on my test system. A screenshot of the newest version (to be released soon) is attached for reference.

Consider it a "sneak peak".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

...sweet...
    Zack Coffman
    Producer/Director of Choppertown and Brittown

Plugin Contributions

This looks wonderful. Thank you much!

Plugin Contributions

This is just what I need, can I test the beta release please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by andes View Post
    This is just what I need, can I test the beta release please?
    Everybody is going to get to "test it" in the next day or so. I have one bug that just arose and am working that out. After that is out of the way, I think it's good to go.

I'll post here when it is ready, and upload to the Contributions section (updating the previous version 1.0.0 I initially released).
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Export Orders to Excel - New Version 1.2.0 Ready!

OK Everyone.

The new version of the Export shipping module is ready to go.

I uploaded to the contributions section here at Zen tonight (as an update to the previous version). I anticipate that being available and active within the next few days (sometimes they are faster with approving mods).

For those of you that want it now and can't wait, here is the link to a little more information on it:
    http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...-contribution/

And here is the link to my downloads page where you can get it (version 1.2.0) before it hits the "Zen Contributions" section.

Enjoy!
    http://www.zencartoptimization.com/downloads/

This new version covers a lot of what users were asking for. There may be more to come in future releases. I think we're pretty close now though to the requested "wish list" you all provided.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Export Orders to Excel - New Version 1.2.0 Ready!

great contribution! just a couple of things, wondered how easy or difficult to fix:

1. when a customer has purchased multiple products, every product appears on that line and then that line is repeated; is it possible to repeat the lines, but have each product appear in a single "product ordered" column? this would make it much easier to create tables and organize the data by type of item ordered etc.

2. is it possible to automatically have the field names included at the top of the spreadsheet? (in case it needs to be imported into a shipping program, it helps to have the headings).

3. foreign orders are causing the columns to go out of alignment (could be a setting in my excel? or maybe a blank space needs to be inserted in the u.s. orders to make it line up right?)

great work!
    Zack Coffman

Plugin Contributions

sorry...had some clearer ideas...but my editing time passed...

here's a better idea of what i meant...

1. it seems that orders are getting repeated; not sure why, it doesn't happen to every order...but most of them.

2. when a customer has purchased multiple products, currently every product appears on that line. is it possible to repeat the lines and have each product appear in a single "product ordered" column? (bonus: include each item's price as well for a quick daily revenue count)... this would make it much easier to create tables and organize the data by type of item ordered etc. and be easier to pick and pack.

3. is it possible to automatically have the field names included at the top of the spreadsheet? (in case it needs to be imported into a shipping program, it helps to have the headings).

4. foreign orders are causing the columns to go out of alignment due to address line 1, 2, 3. is it possible to fix the address section to include all the possible address fields? (this would align everything)
    Zack Coffman

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OneWorldStudios View Post
    sorry...had some clearer ideas...but my editing time passed...

here's a better idea of what i meant...

1. it seems that orders are getting repeated; not sure why, it doesn't happen to every order...but most of them.

2. when a customer has purchased multiple products, currently every product appears on that line. is it possible to repeat the lines and have each product appear in a single "product ordered" column? (bonus: include each item's price as well for a quick daily revenue count)... this would make it much easier to create tables and organize the data by type of item ordered etc. and be easier to pick and pack.

3. is it possible to automatically have the field names included at the top of the spreadsheet? (in case it needs to be imported into a shipping program, it helps to have the headings).

4. foreign orders are causing the columns to go out of alignment due to address line 1, 2, 3. is it possible to fix the address section to include all the possible address fields? (this would align everything)
    See if I can cover some things here for you.

1) I know why this "could" happen (it happened during testing once and I thought is was corrected). To diagnose, can you spot a "pattern" of when it happens? (Like when 3 products are added, like when there are multiple attributes, etc...)

2) Actually, my personal preference is to include EACH order per LINE instead of "each order per column" as it is now. However, so many people asked for it the way it is now, I figured that was the "safest bet". I'll work on another version here in the coming weeks once I get some more feedback. In that version I will attempt to give you the option of printing out "1 product per row" or "multiple products per row (as it is now).

As for the product pricing, that is not a problem to add. Pretty easy there.

3) Yes, and no. I had the headers in the original version, but due to the way people wanted the export to happen (different length records), it was hard to create a "standard header row". My plan was in the next version to figure out a way around that and provide header info as well.

4) Can you send me an example of an address (foreign) and using FAKE info (but in the same format as it comes across to you) so I can look at that.

Thanks!
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

I'm so excited - thank you so much for this add!!

Question - I did my first export and I selected to open the file instead of save it. It said the file could not be read, and the file size is 0.
    This could very well be because I selected Open and not Save - I've encountered that problem before - so it may not even have anything to do with your module.

However, I can't try again with the Save option to see if I can export successfully because it thinks I've already exported everything, so there are no records to export.

Is there a workaround for this -- to re-export items that it thinks I've already exported?

Thanks!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast