Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default variable passed to each() is not an array - with PP Express active and GC installed

I just installed the latest patch from May and I am still getting some PHP errors when I install paypal express. This is running in MYSQL4.1
    The errors occur when I attempt to login:
    Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/content/html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 114

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:114) in /home/content/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:114) in /home/content/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Regular Paypal works fine.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: variable passed to each() is not an array - with PayPal Express Checkout active

1. What's your setting in /includes/configure.php for SQL_CACHE_METHOD ?
    If you change it to "NONE", what happens?

2. "The errors occur when I attempt to login". Is this a store-front login? or an admin login? Or is it a PayPal login?

3. "installed the latest patch from May". How exactly did you do the "install" ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: variable passed to each() is not an array - with PayPal Express Checkout active

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. What's your setting in /includes/configure.php for SQL_CACHE_METHOD ?
    If you change it to "NONE", what happens?

2. "The errors occur when I attempt to login". Is this a store-front login? or an admin login? Or is it a PayPal login?

3. "installed the latest patch from May". How exactly did you do the "install" ?
    1) I modified the configure.php and set the cache method to none, copied the file to the server, re-installed paypal express and got the same group of errors.

2) The errors occur at the home page login (sorry about not being more specific)

3) I unzipped the file and copied all the contents to their respective locations, careful to follow the custom template structure if needed. Removed and reinstalled paypal express.

Sorry about posting on the other tread, It was a long day for me........

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay.

1. What version of Zen Cart ? I'm assuming v1.3.7 since you're using PP Express Checkout.
    2. Was this a fresh install of 1.3.7, or an upgrade from prior version? Which version?
    3. What contributions/addons/mods have you installed on your site?
    4. What version of PHP? and MySQL ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ibdmanhb View Post
    I modified the configure.php and set the cache method to none, copied the file to the server, re-installed paypal express and got the same group of errors.

The errors occur at the home page login
    If you have PayPal Express Checkout de-installed, does home-page login work properly?

What's the site URL ?

Plugin Contributions

Okay.

1. What version of Zen Cart ? I'm assuming v1.3.7 since you're using PP Express Checkout.
    2. Was this a fresh install of 1.3.7, or an upgrade from prior version? Which version?
    3. What contributions/addons/mods have you installed on your site?
    4. What version of PHP? and MySQL ?
    1) Zen 1.3.7, fresh install
    3) I have fedex, designer boxes, installed GC but disabled it because of all the issues, stock by attributes, return authorization, light boxes, IH2
    4) PHP 4.3.11, MYSQL 4.1.22

http://www.ocsurfwear.com

I disabled express so the home page login functions correctly, just paypal IPN is installed

Thanks
    Last edited by ibdmanhb; 17 May 2007 at 04:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did this start before or after you installed the beta Google Checkout code ?

What happens if you completely remove the beta Google Checkout code and put back the default Zen Cart code ?

Plugin Contributions

Did this start before or after you installed the beta Google Checkout code ?

What happens if you completely remove the beta Google Checkout code and put back the default Zen Cart code ?
    I got paypal IPN installed first, then I attempted to get GC configured but had too much trouble getting the arrays set up so I tried paypal express as an alternative, thats when I got the errors.
    It's just kind of odd a payment module would effect a login. Could it have anything to do with setting the option to allow check out in express without having a local account ? I guess I could try restoring the core files that GC replaces. Has anyone else had this issue ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ibdmanhb View Post
    It's just kind of odd a payment module would effect a login.
    Agreed.
    And, on a clean install, it has no adverse affect on login behaviour.
    Hence the suggestion to remove the beta GC code ... which makes intrusive changes to many parts of the core code.

Plugin Contributions

Agreed.
    And, on a clean install, it has no adverse affect on login behaviour.
    Hence the suggestion to remove the beta GC code ... which makes intrusive changes to many parts of the core code.
    DrByte,

I have not gone through the process of removing the GC files yet but I have made another discovery. I was installing the printable price list mod today after testing it on another zen cart I have (with no problem) and those same error messages are appearing again. No core files are touched in this mod but I removed them all anyhow and still got the same errors. After removing the table entries from the database that where installed with the mod, its working again. The other weird thing was even clicking on the home link generated the same errors, not just logging in. Does this help at all in determining whats broken ? There must be something in the database thats causing the program to bomb when trying to access it.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast