Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Reset customer password from admin

Does anybody know if someone has tackeld this problem or put in a feature request?

It would save a lot of time if there was a way to reset a customers password from the admin side of the site. Doing it through a mysql statement is not something I want a csr to be able to do. Has anybody requested this in the past and am I just being a nudge?

Does anybody else think this would be helpful?
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

The Forgotten Password doesn't work?

This will reset the password for the customer and email it to them ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This works for about 90% of customers, but invariably there will be a few that either can't copy the new password in properly or don't get the reset email./ I find myself resetting their passwords for them to something common which they can go in and change later.

It always ends up in my lap though because I am the only one here who knows how to md5 a password or work in phpmyadmin. Xt cookmmerce threw the ability to do this in their admin and I thought it was a nice feature so I thought I would see if it was something that anyone had thought about or worked on

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    Not sure what would change if you reset a password via the admin panel. We us the master password contribution so we can log into any customer's account if we need to (eg process a faxed order). On the odd occasion where we want to reset a customer's password we change the email address in admin to our own email, then reset theire password (which is emailled to us) and then change customer's email back to what it was.

Plugin Contributions

That is an interesting way of solving the problem, I end up resetting passwords two or three times a week.

I know the reset password from the front end works for most people and I am quite sure that the people that it doesn't work for are probably human error. I am also positive that the people it doesn't work for don't end up buying and the few that do call to get help do end up purchasing.

The way I would like it to work is that in the customers admin area, when you click on the customer's name, you would have another button off to the right that would allow you to reset their password to a ord of your choice, or just add the password fields to the edit view.

I guess this isn't much of a problem for other people so I guess I will just mod it for my own sites.

Thanks to all who responded.

Plugin Contributions

If you create this, will you share it please? I think it is a great idea. Some of us do get customers that are not very computer saavy and need assistance with copy and paste.

Thanks!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Contribution Start:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]SHINE Live Help Sidebox[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I, too, have to change manually the passwords of several customers on regular basis.

There is a fast way to do so: if you install the master password contribution, you can login to any customer's account, go to the "change password" menu and change it directly there (use the master password when asked the previous password of the customer, it will work)...

Don't forget to delete the cookies, otherwise you can not connect to another account from the same computer...

sanji

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sanji View Post
    I, too, have to change manually the passwords of several customers on regular basis.

There is a fast way to do so: if you install the master password contribution, you can login to any customer's account, go to the "change password" menu and change it directly there (use the master password when asked the previous password of the customer, it will work)...

Don't forget to delete the cookies, otherwise you can not connect to another account from the same computer...

sanji
    Yes, that worked for me. Obvious when you think about it.

Many thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post
    Yes, that worked for me. Obvious when you think about it.

Many thanks for the help.
    I am getting this problem all the time, please could someone simplify how you install the master password contribution?

Very much appreciated for any reply'

Plugin Contributions

Copy and paste the contents of pass.sql into Admin - Tools - Install SQL Patches then click Send.

Then drag and drop the 'includes' folder in the mod to the root dirctory of your site.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast