Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag reCaptcha addon not showing in page

I have been trying to install reCaptcha into zencart 1.3.9h. This is the current stable release. I am using a mod to zencart from pickupman located here;
    bitbucket.org/pickupman/zencart-recaptcha/downloads

I was able to get the mod running, sort of, on a local install of the same ver. of zencart. My local install is with XAMPP on a Windows 7 machine. When I say 'sort of' I mean, I can get the reCaptcha to display on the Contact Us Page in zencart but not the other forms. The docs in the mod say that reCaptcha is implented on several other forms. Namely these;
    advanced search
    create account
    login
    product write review
    tell a friend

It appears to work on the Contact Us Page on the local install. But dosn't show on any of the others on the local install.

My internet accessible zen store is running on a Linux server. I have looked closely at the files that were installed for the reCaptcha mod and don't see anything that might be affected by other mods I have installed. My other mods are;
    zen_lightbox_1-6-1 Mod
    expanded_category_list_1-01 Mod
    bestsellers_scrolling_images_1-0 mod
    blank_sidebox_2-0 mod (NOT WORKING)
    login_box_1-5 mod

Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: reCaptcha not showing in zencart 1.3.9h

I am having the same problems. I am trying to contact the person that wrote the code and hope he will fix it.

The issue is with the https pages. The captcha will not show for some reason in Firefox. In IE8 I get a warning to show non-secure items on a warning bar across the top of the browser. So if I allow it then it will show.

This is why it shows on some of your pages. Check and see, the pages it shows on I bet are http pages.

I had to turn it off on my create account page as I had potential customers calling saying they couldn't create an account due they were getting a message that the security code was incorrect. They called and said they didn't even see the code. Needless to say this was impacting my business.

This is an awesome add-on and as soon as I find a fix I will respond back...
    Last edited by nohart; 30 Apr 2011 at 03:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok there is an update here:

bitbucket.org/pickupman/zencart-recaptcha/downloads

Not sure yet if this fixes the issues...

Plugin Contributions

Ok the following works for me now using IE8 & Firefox4:

Enable Contact Form
    Enable Login Form - except when turned off I still get error that security code wasnt entered correctly?
    Enable Tell a Friend
    Enable Write Product Review

Enable Create Account Form does not work for me even when I enable it. There is not a captcha shown.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ed and Neal for taking the time to help me work on these. I am trying to figure out why the login form is not validating the security text.

I will checkout the the create account page as well, but I suspect it has to do with the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: reCaptcha addon not showing in page

I pushed another update that fixes the login page. The recaptcha may have been called twice if you have the create account form on the same page as login.
    You can see the changes at:
    bitbucket.org/pickupman/zencart-recaptcha/changeset/701ebde93cf5

Grab the complete source by click on the upper right tab -> get source -> zip.

@nohart - make sure you have uploaded /templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_create_account_default.php to the proper directory. Looking at your page the tag isn't showing in the source of your page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pickupman View Post

@nohart - make sure you have uploaded /templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_create_account_default.php to the proper directory. Looking at your page the tag isn't showing in the source of your page.
    Ok you mean to change the file name to my custom template correct?

So it would be:

includes\templates\comstock

I very much appreciate your add-on as it cuts way back as in total stop of spam etc!

Plugin Contributions

Ok I uploaded the new files and for some reason it still wont work on the Log in page when I have it turned off. I still get the warning:

Error The Security Check code wasn't typed correctly. Try again.

But it works when turned on!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also when I Enable Create Account Form, the captcha never shows on the bottom of the page so not sure what the problem is with that. I do have both Log in & Create account page on same page but it used to work just fine...

With Enable Create Account Form set to false it works so that customers can create an account. (Which is good!) but I really would like to enable the captcha for this process...

So everything is almost fixed!

Plugin Contributions

@nohart - that's right. That template file needs to moved over to your template folder.

I just posted another update that address some missing configuration values from the original thread for this mod. The updated file was /admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptcha_functions.php. Just re-upload that file and go to admin->configuration->reCAPTCHA. Click on link to remove/upgrade, then install. Then click on configure link, and reenter your API keys/secrets along enable the pages you want.

Plugin Contributions

ok I removed and re-installed it. Then added my keys and now the only things that show up in the menu are:

reCAPTCHA Public Key ***
    reCAPTCHA Private Key ***
    reCAPTCHA Theme white
    Enable Contact Form true

The other options are gone?

Also before this I noticed that the Enable advance search forced advance search. It would not let the regular search work normally it would automatically take me to the advance search page?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast