Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan USA
    Posts
    20,024
    Plugin Contributions
    3

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Did you install the SQL patch ?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    22
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    That is the error I'm getting with the sql file that came with the plugin.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    40
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    I'm having the same problem when I try to run the adminplacementv15.sql patch on ZC 1.5.1, I get:

    Error ERROR: Cannot execute because table admin_pages(page_key, does not exist. CHECK PREFIXES!
    Warning Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

    I've tried changing the prefix to my db name, same error, only then it says MYDBNAME_admin_pages does not exist.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    40
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Dear Jesus, FINALLY! Posting this so everyone else who has dealt with issue can fix theirs, too.

    Here is the correct text for the sql


    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key, language_key, main_page, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order) VALUES ('passChange',
    'BOX_TOOLS_PASSCHANGE', 'FILENAME_PASSCHANGE', 'tools', 'Y', '40');

    The original one left out the space between "admin_pages" and "(page_key...)"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    402
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Quote Originally Posted by designsbytrina View Post
    Dear Jesus, FINALLY! Posting this so everyone else who has dealt with issue can fix theirs, too.

    Here is the correct text for the sql


    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key, language_key, main_page, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order) VALUES ('passChange',
    'BOX_TOOLS_PASSCHANGE', 'FILENAME_PASSCHANGE', 'tools', 'Y', '40');

    The original one left out the space between "admin_pages" and "(page_key...)"
    Thank you very much for this! After an hour of trying this was the remedy. It should probably be changed in the file before others get caught up with the same issue.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    91
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Installs on my 1.3.9h site. Admin/tools/Change Passwords appears. No search bar. I installed it on another 1.5.4 site and it works fine. Why no search box on 1.3.9h? Am I supposed to install the 1.5.* sql file for a 1.3.9h site?
    Last edited by charmlt; 15 Mar 2015 at 10:04 AM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,705
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Quote Originally Posted by charmlt View Post
    Installs on my 1.3.9h site. Admin/tools/Change Passwords appears. No search bar. I installed it on another 1.5.4 site and it works fine. Why no search box on 1.3.9h?
    Best guess is that something about the 1.3.9 code is different from the 1.5.4 code such as the name of the function to call for the search box, or the sequence of some internal variables is different. I realize not a highly technical response, but see below..
    Quote Originally Posted by charmlt View Post
    Am I supposed to install the 1.5.* sql file for a 1.3.9h site?
    The real question is shouldn't I be upgrading a 1.3.9 site to the latest version so that when the host no longer offers PHP 5.2.17 possibly later this year that the site will still operate?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Hi there guys,

    So I installed everything fine with no errors. Installed the SQL patch too, no problem there. Searched for a customer (used my testing account) and reset my password. But the new password doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue or have a solution?

    Regards, Hannat

    Edit:

    Using: Zen Cart v1.5.4, PHP Version 5.4.33 and my DB doesn't have prefixes
    Last edited by Hannat; 23 Mar 2015 at 09:45 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Ok,

    I figured out that the reason it isn't changing the password is because after hitting "Submit Query" it will find the customer but when you click on "Change Password" the page that is loaded is 'blank'. The customer is no longer selected, so typing in a password there won't do anything.

    Any help here?

    Regards, Hannat

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,705
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Reset customer password from admin

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannat View Post
    Ok,

    I figured out that the reason it isn't changing the password is because after hitting "Submit Query" it will find the customer but when you click on "Change Password" the page that is loaded is 'blank'. The customer is no longer selected, so typing in a password there won't do anything.

    Any help here?

    Regards, Hannat
    Blank/partial blank: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v151 Can you add search function to Reset Client Password from Admin?
    By explorer1979 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 Oct 2014, 10:17 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3 Apr 2014, 10:42 AM
  3. v150 admin password expired, won't reset, will not send new password to email
    By baltimorestreetmods in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6 Sep 2012, 07:16 PM
  4. Password not showing in Customer Password Reset Email
    By izuno in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7 Oct 2008, 04:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR