Plugin Contributions

Default LinkPoint / PayPal IPN & Virtual eChecks?

Just got linkpoint setup, and am in the process of ditching PayPal completely. Question is how is eChecks or virtual checks setup in Zen? I can have virtual check enabled with my linpoint gateway, but am not seeing how this ties into ZenCart.

On a separate note, my original thought was to leave PayPal IPN in place, let folks use it for their paypal acct payments, or eChecks, and let it go. I get a handful of eChecks through paypal every week.

I personally, have never used echeck. I had a customer today tell me he saw no place to pay w/echeck on paypal. I assumed he was talking about a "non paypal login" pay option. I did a test order, and found the following tag line at the split screen welcome to payapl on checkout from Zen.

We accept these cards....blah, blah, and blah....as well as "echecks where available"............what does where available mean? I checked my paypal account thinking there was something not "turned on there", but then after thinking it through, already getting echecks through paypal, had to assume they were only coming from paypal account folks.

Of course, once you click on don't have an account, all you get is a ccard screen, no echeck at all.

So..............I would rather just enable it with linkpoint and be done with it, but if there is anything anyone can share regarding paypal as well, would be helpful.

BTW......PayPal was my "easy choice" going into this online store..........has become my next biggest nightmare (next to eBay)......

I use IPN, and the decision to get a merch gateway setup was simple, after revewing the HUNDREDS of abandonded PayPal non paid, non finished orders.

After setting up LinkPoint last week, my buss is already close to double what it was with the "paypal confusion"........only folks that "get paypal" are folks that have PayPal accounts..........

Linkpoint virtcheck?
    Thanks
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: LinkPoint / PayPal IPN & Virtual eChecks?

i don't believe there is a linkpoint virtual check module available. You could probably find a generic payment module where the customer inputs the check information and you process it manually.. but as far as i'm aware of there's nothing that automates it like the linkpoint_api module