Thread: Buy Safe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Buy Safe?

Is anyone aware of a Zen-Cart Module to add BuySafe.com to a website? I have a customer that has requested this, but all that I can find is a module for osc. The site in question is an old 1.2.6 version.

If anyone has it would they be willing to share it with me? I've searched the forums and the d/l's but no luck.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Buy Safe?

Ruth-

If a customer decides they want the "insurance" - how is the price determined? Is the payment collected by the merchant and then sent to BuySafe or some other process?

If your client is looking for assurance for the customers, just about any sort of site verification will satisfy the consumers. There are several services that offer seals.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim I'll be honest, I have absolutely no clue about BuySafe. It was a request that I was originally told was to add a few lines of code to display a banner that would sell this insurance. Now I'm finding out that it is a major site modification based on the instructions (no module found only instructions) that were on their site.

There are no less than about 12 to 15 files to be modified included changes to the db. What they are exactly I don't know yet. Really odd that they list these detailed list of files to modify, but no module. I was hoping someone else had run into it and might have it.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

I never heard of the place until you posted. I suspected it was not going to be an easy to do modification.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Darlin' you are right and I am kicking myself in the you know what - and I'm sure you can imagine why...

That'll teach me....

Plugin Contributions

Hello All,

This is Chris from buySAFE. Yes, there is a buySAFE module for Zen Cart. The module was recently completed and is currently being tested by a small number of Zen-Cart users. We would like to get the contribution installed on a few sites and iron out any wrinkles in the code before we add the contribution here. If any of you would like to test the new module, please contact me and I'll work with you on getting the module installed into your store. Note that you must be an approved buySAFE merchant in order for the module to work correctly once it is installed. You can apply to become a buySAFE merchant here: https://www.buysafe.com/web/Registra...formation.aspx

Also note that your business must be based in the United States in order to be approved.

Rwoody,

The "few lines of code to display a banner that would sell this insurance" that you heard about was probably the new buySAFE "widget". The widget allows sellers that use shopping carts that we haven't integrated with, such as Yahoo stores, to offer bonds to their customers. Although installing the widget code is much simpler than installing the Zen-Cart module, the features in the Zen-Cart module are much more robust than the widget.

Kim,

The pricing structure is currently 3% of the bonded sale. The merchant collects the bond fees from their customers and then pays buySAFE the bond fees collected at the end of the month, minus a revenue share for the merchant.

If you would like to see a test store with the module installed, check out http://33shoes.com. It's an osCommerce store but the module works exactly the same as a Zen-Cart store. Try adding an item to your cart and then view the cart contents. You'll see how the buyer can choose to purchase a bond.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about buySAFE or the Zen-Cart module.

Chris
    buySAFE Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Chris, I am in receipt of your module and just emailed you. I will be evaluating it and its impact on existing Zen-Cart code and commonly installed third party modules.

I'm also going to make available this module to the Kim and the core developers for evaluation as they have a future road map development in place for Zen-Cart and before I install any new module in a cart I need to do it with confidence that it will not impact the cart and its respective modules in a negative way.

Thank you for allowing me to evaluate your new module.

Plugin Contributions

Chris i have mod installed and seem to work well

www.lextechs.com
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Plugin Contributions

What ever came of this module? I was going to attempt it but have posted in the support thread and have heard nothing back from Chris. I wont make the mistake, again, of installing something that isnt supported.

Plugin Contributions

I told my customer I could not recommend it and I would not install it. It just looked like it messed with too much of the core. It was not installed it and he canceled his account.

These company's that create these modules aren't going to support them long term, so you take your chances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast