Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rename Admin folder

I'm having similar issues here... All I updated was the admin/includes/configure.php file (see below) and zen-cart is prompting me with the "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen-Cart" page. I can still access the dev. site; however, I can't get to the admin site.... any help is much appreciated! THANKS!

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://localhost');

// secure webserver for catalog module and/or admin areas?
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/bruno/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/bruno/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/bruno/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/');

Plugin Contributions

I should also note that if I change it back to "admin" (from "bruno") it works again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte - thanks for the response; but unfortunately, I don't believe step D is the culprit. I had fiddled with step d prior but found it not to be the culprit. I tried again (deleting the file, removing read-only status, updating file, adding read-only back) once I read your post; and it still doesn't work.

bizarre... my brain's about to explode. I just changed it back to admin and it works (takes me to the admin login page). When it doesn't work, it takes me to the Zen-Cart installation page and gives me the following options:

1.) This is your first time using zen-cart.....

2.) Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.

If anyone can help.. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dinowrangler View Post
    // * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/bruno/');
    Why do you have no real path in that one?
    If you specify a path that doesn't actually exist, then Zen Cart can't read the files it needs, and thus suggests to you that you need to run the install.
    That's why you're getting the results you're talking about.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte...
    1st, thanks
    2nd, I'm pretty new to this so thanks for your patience

Here's where I'm at...

Originally the configure file detailed this:

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/admin/')

*** even now... it works like this if the folder is named "admin"

So... reading between the lines on the instructions, I thought it might work if I simply replaced the "admin" with "bruno"

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/bruno/')

That obviously doesn't work for me and I believe what you are instructing me to do is change the "bruno" to the entire path name, correct?

The full directory path is:
    E:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.2i\www\zen-cart-v1.3.9e-full-fileset-07272010\Bruno

So now I've changed it to...

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/www/zen-cart-v1.3.9e-full-fileset-07272010/Bruno/');

unfortunately... I'm still getting the install page. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You were mentioning "bruno" before, and now you're saying "Bruno". Does it matter in your case?

Plus, if your full path is 'E:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.2i\www\zen-cart-v1.3.9e-full-fileset-07272010\Bruno' then that's what you should be using.

Plugin Contributions

The case isn't an issue because I'm consistently using "Bruno" vs. "bruno".

Now the changes I made (detailed just below), cause my browser (http://localhost/zen-cart-v1.3.9e-fu...7272010/Bruno/) to return a blank page (vs. the zen-cart installation page I was previously getting).

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/Bruno/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/Bruno/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'E:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.2i\www\zen-cart-v1.3.9e-full-fileset-07272010\Bruno');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'E:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.2i\www\zen-cart-v1.3.9e-full-fileset-07272010');

I'm at a loss. oh and again... if I change everything back to 'admin', it works.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah Im having issues with this as well. I replaced "admin" with a new name that contains letter and numbers, and made the instructed changes in the tutorial.

The admin login page loads just fine, though when I hit the login button, the button contains a link back to the original admin/login.php folder.

is there another file that needs to be changed to correct these links not mentioned in the tutorial?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

zen version v1.3.9f

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Nope. Only the one place to make the change. But if your configure.php file on the server was read-only when you tried to upload the change, then your changes wouldn't be saved. The file needs to be made writable before you can write to it or overwrite it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234