Plugin Contributions

Default How many domains for 1 ZC

Is it possible to point 2 or more domain names to the same ZC installation, only a couple different pages?? What about even more than one DNS to the main page? Rookie here. I can't believe I'm gonna try this.

I have a friend who runs a charity that makes hats for chemo patients. She now has a guest house, too. I've suggested she upgrade to ZC as I think I can adapt her current site to ZC with very little trouble (she loved my site so much, I suggested she get her own). This changeover would provide her with untold benefits she does not now have.

She has a guest house she wants to add and I want to give it its own category, et al, so she can take online reservations. She has a guest house domain name and wanted to know if that name could be pointed to the same page in ZC when it is her main site.

Not sure where to put this question at all. Apologize if it is totally wrong here.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How many domains for 1 ZC

This is precisely what the Multisite module claims to do, though I can't confirm that personally, as I've not used it.

But reading through your post, I can't see anything that these two enterprises have in common other than the owner. So what is the benefit of cramming them into the same Zen Cart and the doing cart wheels to keep them separate, rather than the more traditional approach of having two Zen Carts?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How many domains for 1 ZC

Thanks for the info.

The Guest House is primarily for people visiting local hospitals for cancer treatments. Hence, the connection.

Personally, with ZC's easy access meta tag capability, I think having everything under one umbrella would be equally effective. I'll check out the module and discuss with her.

Thank you again.
    Cheryl