Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: please help - my template shows up just text

You may be right. I had used PERSONAL as my original custom folder name. Then I changed all of my custom folders to MNP. I just checked my files and do not see any more personal files this morning.

I did the changes through filezilla and later noticed I still had personal folders floating around (on my local site) and when I had uploaded certain files they'd duplicate themselves inside the folder I had wanted to upload them to (i\if I wanted to upload all the changes in my 'includes' folder, it would send the entire 'includes' folder right inside the main 'includes' folder). I thought I had fixed this last night, and going through the files on my server from my file manager I don't see any more personal folders.

Can I somehow delete the zencart files that are on my local computer and download the ones that are on my server, without screwing a bunch of stuff up? I've made a lot of changes on the server end but haven't kept up on the computer end, maybe that is a problem too...? Part of the problem is when I tried to rename certain folders, filezilla would tell me the file doesn't exist so I'd just go through manually on my computer in the folders and rename everything. I refreshed filezilla but the changes did not take, so there are still

Sketchy,
    In the includes/templates folder there are the classic, my custom and template_default folders.

In my custom folder, where I got the template_info.php there is common, css, images, sideboxes, and templates. There are no loose files in there, however the sideboxes and templates folders are empty - I just created the folders in there because they were part of the instructions i had read. Could this be a problem? In my "common" folder I've also copied tpl_header and tpl_footer per the instructions, however I don't think I have made any modifications to those files (the instructions just said to copy them into my template/custom/common folder... but then I read in another set not to copy files you haven't yet modified...?)

In my css file there is read me txt, stylesheet, stylesheet buttons and a print stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I went through and made sure there were no more personal files. My template files aren't nested within personal files, unless somehow something didn't get changed between uploading and updating but it looks fine on my end.

One thing I did do much earlier, that i hadn't changed as of last night, that I just did now, was a line in my html_header file located in includes/templates/custom/common

At the very top you find this. I read, I think in the wiki, how to direct to the stylesheet. You'll see the href tag and location. I changed this early on in my struggle before I was asking for help - should I have? I think after the type="text/css" it was blank but I directed it to my stylesheet. Should I make it blank after the href? Is there something wrong in here? btw, underlining is my own emphasis.

/**
    * load all template-specific stylesheets, named like "style*.css", alphabetically
    */
    $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^style/', '.css');
    while(list ($key, $value) = each($directory_array)) {
    echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/MNP/css/stylesheet.css' . $template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css') . '/' . $value . '" />'."\n";
    }
    /**
    * load stylesheets on a per-page/per-language/per-product/per-manufacturer/per-category basis. Concept by Juxi Zoza.
    */

I updated the template and reset my boxes again this morning and still have no formatting. I am so ready to give up LOL.

Could I try downloading another persons template from the downloads section (will any version work or must I download a template made from the version of zencart I have?) and if so - how do I go about using it on my store? Considering I can still use the 'classic' mode, I'm wondering if there might be hope if I just ditch my attempt at a template. Will my override files transfer over in terms of page content, etc? Will I need to change my custom folder names again?

If I could figure out why some of my modified files can't override some of the 'classic' templates features/text I'd just use the classic template. But I just *can't* make the changes I need for some reason. UGGGH!!

Plugin Contributions

I just checked your store page info and it seems everything is apparently linking up the way it should, however I notice that your final call for the stylesheets is wonky.

Hmm.. tell you what, you can PM me and we'll swap contact info. Then, you can send me everything you have for that specific template and I can try it on my test shop. I can see what happened or know for sure if it's not going to work. Don't give up just yet. Are you using a template from a very old version? There's no reason to assign any link information, the template should just be read as is by ZC's template system. So, I think there's still a configuration problem.

In the meantime, yes.. you certainly may switch over to Classic or you can try a contributed template to get you on the go or maybe find that the design is of what your heart desires. Yeah, some of them may need additional stylesheet code to be 1.3.7 certified and perhaps more. It should say in the description. Once you assign a new template, then ZC will skip over your custom template, but your products and things like that will stay the same. You're store will just get a new mask, but be the same underneath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12