Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default bizarre problem.....

first of all, what a welcome alternative to that other e-commerce system!

i have installed zencart at www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart .

i have changed the provided template to a template called "gloss black" The problem i have with it, is that all the products and boxes appear "over large" on the main page and in the categories UNLESS a product is searched for in the header search box, when everything appears OK.

The problem detracts from the site so much, i have currently removed all the side boxes whilst i try to find the solution (so far without success.)

The style sheet is attached to this post - i hope you can access it Any advice would be gratefully received!

I presume the problem is a stylesheet problem, but I am a newbie to all this php stuff, so i am not sure.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: bizarre problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by crispyburgers View Post
    first of all, what a welcome alternative to that other e-commerce system!

i have installed zencart at www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart .

i have changed the provided template to a template called "gloss black" The problem i have with it, is that all the products and boxes appear "over large" on the main page and in the categories UNLESS a product is searched for in the header search box, when everything appears OK.

The problem detracts from the site so much, i have currently removed all the side boxes whilst i try to find the solution (so far without success.)

The style sheet is attached to this post - i hope you can access it Any advice would be gratefully received!

I presume the problem is a stylesheet problem, but I am a newbie to all this php stuff, so i am not sure.
    When I view the source of the page with the problem, you have an extra <title> tag above everything:

Code:
    <title>www.the-pred.co.uk online shop</title><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>X10 : Zen Cart!, www.the-pred.co.uk</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    Perhaps you added that to a file, as you wanted that to be your title? That needs to go. I think that will fix your problem, your css is fine.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks for the reply - good to know the stylesheet is OK, as that's just another part of this that i need to get my head round!

I too have looked, via the view page source function on firefox, and can see the text as above.

However, which php file does that refer to? When i try to find that text in the php file, i can't locate it! I seem to see html in the view source, but php in the files, and to be honest, i am getting very confused

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks for the reply - good to know the stylesheet is OK, as that's just another part of this that i need to get my head round!

I too have looked, via the view page source function on firefox, and can see the text as above.

However, which php file does that refer to? When i try to find that text in the php file, i can't locate it! I seem to see html in the view source, but php in the files, and to be honest, i am getting very confused

thanks!
    IN your admin, under "Tools", choose "Developer Tools Kit", and do a search for "www.the-pred.co.uk online shop" and see if it points to a certain file.

Plugin Contributions

I have tried the above suggestion, but i still cannot find where the problem is...

are there anymore suggestions? I really need the help with this! I find it all very confusing

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried re-uploading your stylesheet?
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I have re-installed the stylesheet, yes.

Maybe i will try and re-install the overall theme and see if that helps.

Plugin Contributions

I have re-installed the stylesheet, yes.

Maybe i will try and re-install the overall theme and see if that helps.
    Does this problem persist if you switch templates?

When you did the search for "www.the-pred.co.uk online shop" in the developers tool kit, how many instances of it were found?

Plugin Contributions

yes, the problem persists when i change templates, and when searching for "www.the-pred.co.uk" in the developers toolkit, it didn't bring up any instances of that phrase, which i find hard to understand!

Plugin Contributions

I have solved the problem....I had left the original index.php file in the folder, but renamed it index_chb.php. upon removal of this file the problem disappeared

BUT i have a new problem now, on the main page it displays HEADING_TITLE on the page prior to the welcome message.

Any suggestions on how i can get rid of that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast