Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default colours wrong and logo image not showing anymore since creating custom template..

Ok...I built my site using the classic green template before I read all about creating custom templates and such so that upgrades don't mess up my site. I've followed the instructions I'vebeen abel to find in the forum and in the help section about creating the custom template etc, and all appears to be ok so far, except that my logo doesn't dispay at the top anymore, and the colour has gone from that classic green style to plain grey. Can anyone help me fix this problem??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: colours wrong and logo image not showing anymore since creating custom template..

Well, without the URL to see this site, it's kind of hard to say......but I'd start with the stylesheet.css. Did you copy it to your new template, and did you make sure to include you logo in the new template?
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: colours wrong and logo image not showing anymore since creating custom template..

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ok...I built my site using the classic green template before I read all about creating custom templates and such so that upgrades don't mess up my site. I've followed the instructions I'vebeen abel to find in the forum and in the help section about creating the custom template etc, and all appears to be ok so far, except that my logo doesn't dispay at the top anymore, and the colour has gone from that classic green style to plain grey. Can anyone help me fix this problem??
    Did you select the custom template in your admin? I see that you're still using the classic template from the source of your page. Go to "Tools", "Template Selection" and choose your custom template.

Plugin Contributions

O.k. jettrue, you had me going for a min. I was wondering "How in the...." did you know where his site was.......then I searched through his other posts and found it. Man, you shouldn't do that kind of stuff until after at least 4 cups of coffee. :) I know you're good at what you do, but........

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    O.k. jettrue, you had me going for a min. I was wondering "How in the...." did you know where his site was.......then I searched through his other posts and found it. Man, you shouldn't do that kind of stuff until after at least 4 cups of coffee. :) I know you're good at what you do, but........
    Heh heh, LMAO... actually, I was sneakier than that (though I should have thought of your method first)... but I looked and he (or she) has a home page listed under their username, so I went there, and then guessed that the store was at /shop and found it.

Plugin Contributions

Sneaky, man, sneaky. Good guess. You can't fool me now, though......on my 6th cup, and ready for the world.

Thanks...I did do that ( I think)....I've been switching back and forth betweent he classic and my template for clues. You must have gone there while it was back to classic green. I've set it back to my template and will leave it there for a while....hopefully someone can tell me what I'm missing...or if I've done something wrong??? It's very frustrating.

it's HE by the way : )

www.mccarthyhighland.com/shop

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Thanks...I did do that ( I think)....I've been switching back and forth betweent he classic and my template for clues. You must have gone there while it was back to classic green. I've set it back to my template and will leave it there for a while....hopefully someone can tell me what I'm missing...or if I've done something wrong??? It's very frustrating.

it's HE by the way : )

www.mccarthyhighland.com/shop
    Did you upload your logo image to the includes/templates/MHSSITE/images/ folder?

The background color is grey, because that is what it is set to in your css:
    includes/templates/MHSSITE/css/stylesheet.css

body {
    margin: 0;
    font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 62.5%;
    color: #000000;
    background-color: #333;
    }

Yep. I uploaded it to that folder. The backgroud is supposed to be dark grey. It's the parts of the page with those bluish gey bars that should be that sort of green colour as in the classic template that are annoying me. ie: home, currencies, search, categories etc....sections. Check out the sample image for classic green and you'll see which ones I mean.

DOHHH>>>> I think I just figured it out. I had capitalized the name of the images folder. After analyzing the view source page for like 12 hours it struck me that it was not capitalized in the view source......

don't I feel dumb now.....
    Thanks everyone for your help. You were on the money...I just did something dumb in an effort to make my customization and additions in the file structure stand out to me when I viewed it.
    Last edited by highlander; 21 May 2007 at 06:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast