Plugin Contributions

Default order data showing extra charges and comments

I'm running into a really odd issue that I can't figure out. If you look at the attached screenshot, you'll see that Paypal is processing an addional charge to each customer. This charge is not being carried over to Authorize.net (thank god), but it's messing up the "books" with inaccurate numbers so to speak.

We don't have a paypal account, and I've uninstalled the PayPal Payment module. The arrows on the attached gif show where the extra charge is being placed. Something odd to note is that if you look at the circled date, you'll see the paypal change is from January 06. Yet, the order was placed this month! Each order has an old paypal charge added to it like this.

Has anyone ever seen something like this? If so, what steps did you take to resolve it. Thanks a million in advance.

Regards,
    Matt

PS - Here's a large screenshot with detail:
    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5...detailsoc3.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by matt6805; 25 May 2007 at 04:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Surcharge?

What version of Zen Cart? what Addons or Mods do you have installed or installed and then removed?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I'm running Zen Cart 1.3.6. I'm not sure what add-ons or mods that have been added to the cart, because I didn't build it. I only maintain it. I can tell you that it's been heavily modified. This is the site: http://www.palmstrading.com

Thanks for your help Kim.

Regards,
    Matt

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you've got some code that's mixing order history data and corrupting your purchase records.
    This could be a result of rogue order processing edits, or altered order-status content, some corrupted tables, a mismatched data-restore from backups, etc.
    Did your host have any server problems that required restoring from backup? Or did they do any system upgrades that had you offline for awhile?

Regardless, it probably won't be a simple or pleasant thing to troubleshoot.

I don't think it's a problem with the PayPal module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.