Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Just Installed Blank Sidebox Want to remove (MORE) link

I just installed the blank sidebox mod. It works great, but where would I remove the link to (MORE) that is in the title of the sidebox?

www.axcelsports.com/store

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just Installed Blank Sidebox Want to remove (MORE) link

Just to be clear I'm talking about the "Visit our Affiliate" sidebox on the right hand side.

Plugin Contributions

Would it be possible to know where precisely you downloaded this contribution from the downloads section ? I even used the search and found no results of this subject.

Plugin Contributions

It's a bug in the mod, which is an adaptation of a Zen Cart 1.2.x mod.

I've never much liked it. Despite being a very simple mod, it has too many hang overs from the original and programming practices that were prevalent at the time (and now this bug!). But I have my own version that's more in keeping with Zen Cart 1.3.x, so I'll test that against your particular circumstances and then pop it in the downloads area as version 2.0.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Version 2.0 of the mod is now available here. Depending upon how you have implemented the mod on your site it will overwrite what you have already done, but if you re-do the customisation, you will find that you will no longer have that pesky link.

You won't though get the full advantage of the lightweight markup that it generates, as it will be wrapped in all that ridiculous Template Monster code. Nontheless - enjoy.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thank You very much!

Plugin Contributions

Hello and thanks for this great mod - trying to figure out why I am getting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in the following line of code:

$content .= '<p><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="<A href="http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhost_embed_functions.php?acc=36506&js=1"></script><script">http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhost_embed_functions.php?acc=36506&js=1"></script><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">AC_VHost_Embed_36506(150, 200, 'FFFFFFF', 1, 1, 681420, 0, 0, 0, '0b12ab05c2afe085aa55638ef8bc5804', 6);</script></p>';
    I have been searching the forums and the net but seem to be going in circles :O

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for any help :)

/JD

Plugin Contributions

You're getting that message because the line is nonsense and so PHP can't make any sense of it. It starts to go wrong when you try to define the script's source (src).

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the quick reply but how would I fix it? I am trying to put a sitepal avatar into the sidebox....

...am I going about it the wrong way? I am not very proficient at coding but I can usually pick my way through existing - please help :)

/JD

PS- here is the full tpl_blank_sidebox.php file:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * blank sidebox - allows a blank sidebox to be added to your site
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright 2007 Kuroi Web Design
      * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003-2007 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: blank_sidebox.php 2007-05-26 kuroi $
     */

$content = '';
      $content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent">';

// Replace the text and HTML tags between the apostophes on lines 19 and 20.
      // Use as many or as few lines using this model as you need for your custom content.
      // If you have a multilingual site define your text in the languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/extra_definitions/blank_sidebox_defines.php and include it as shown in line 19.
      // If your site is monolingual, you can put the text right here as shown on line 20 (and nobody will know!)
      $content .= '<p>' . TEXT_BLANK_SIDEBOX . '</p>';
      $content .= '<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhost_embed_functions.php?acc=36506&js=1"></script><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">AC_VHost_Embed_36506(150, 200, 'FFFFFFF', 1, 1, 681420, 0, 0, 0, '0b12ab05c2afe085aa55638ef8bc5804', 6);</script>';

$content .= '</div>';
    ?>
    Last edited by JacKDynne; 5 Jun 2007 at 03:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

That's much more sensible code than that which you posted earlier and happily easily fixed. Just change the single quotes around FFFFFFF and 0b12ab05c2afe085aa55638ef8bc5804 into double quotes.

(though I rather wonder if the result will help your sales, I'd run a mile from what I saw when I did this! )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast