Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Japanese Pack 1.3.7 (Crystal Koi)

Phreakymonkey, 6 years..thats a good point. I will look into it more, as for posting Japanese in English, yeah thats a problem and maybe you have the best solution there. Really isn't a topic that I have seen much info on. When I get the time I will go through and research it more and post back. I guess I should have taken more time there to really read more into it.

Let us know please and also if you have a test site up with it on, I would love to see it.

Regards,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

The main problem I was having is that certain fields in the admin area aren't able to be changed on a per-language basis, which makes certain symbols go weird at times.

I've set up a test store at http://www.phreakymonkey.com/unicodetest/

Under the featured products, I've modified the product 'Rope', so it has Japanese and English characters and symbols for both languages. You'll also notice the yen symbols in the currency dropdown menus and in the price, with both the ¥ on the left and the kanji on the right (goofy looking, but there for demonstration purposes). Here's a screenshot of what it should look like. Post if your browser displays it differently. If you don't have Japanese languages installed, Japanese characters will probably be displayed as question marks.

I'll send you an admin password so you can poke around, Crystal.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this pack. I have installed it.

How do I use it? ie how do I switch from English to Japanese on the site?

I'd like to do this with flags, like this site http://plamoya.com/

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Localization>Languages

Tools>Layout Boxes Controller (sideboxes/languages.php)

Plugin Contributions

You need to turn the language sidebox on, that will add the flag. You should also install the language under the localization menu.

make any necessary changes

Name: Japanese

Code:ja

Image:icon.gif

Directory:japanese

Sort Order: (1 or 2 which every you want)

Hope that gets you going..please not the pack is still in beta. We are currently going through an install of this pack on a site we are building and should have final updates to the pack soon, exact date I do not yet know but I hope with in the next 2 weeks.

CK

Plugin Contributions

Thanks CrystalKoi.

Managed to install your pack. Found the language sidebox too.

All good, thanks very much.

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys, I've encoutered a problem when adding a Japanese category name. The name is made up with 8 JPN characters, but only 4 are kept after pressing the "save" button, (the English category works fine at any length) does anyone know how I can solve this problem? Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hajiyama View Post
    Hi guys, I've encoutered a problem when adding a Japanese category name. The name is made up with 8 JPN characters, but only 4 are kept after pressing the "save" button, (the English category works fine at any length) does anyone know how I can solve this problem? Thanks for your help.
    DId you have the cart in English or Japanese when you did this?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Crystal, Godspeed and others

I've installed the pack and most things are brilliant.

So far just 2 notes to report. See my working site as to what I mean: http://www.untitled-project.com/zen-cart-jp/

1) The 'signup' button in Japanese is missing or broken link. This is needed when you have the split signup/signin form switched on. To see what I mean, visit link above, add something to cart, and go to checkout. You get 2 options - to signup or login with existing details. Signup button is missing from box on the left.

2) Japanese is appearing over the top of English in white!? (Only in firefox). Again, To see what I mean, visit link above, add something to cart, and go to checkout. You get 2 options - to signup or login with existing details. The odd white Japanese text is writing over the top of 'new customers' in english...

Thanks for having a look at these. Ill keep posting if I run into anything more

R :)

Plugin Contributions

2 richter

This is happening because of two errors in the includes/languages/japanese/login.php file.

The white text is simply asking customers to sign in and is part of the HEADING_TITLE. However it drops down because that definition (line 11) has a line break in it (the <br /> tag). Replace this with a space and the first problem will clear up.

The second problem is that you have English text there. This would seem to be because the translation for split logins has not yet been done (line 14 and 17), though you should be able to simply insert the normal text from line 13 for the first instance, and I suspect that the second may prove to be more difficult unless Express Checkout is now available for Japanese customers.

BTW. Love the direction the site is taking. Wonderfully effective gradients.

Hmm. It might be too strong to call these errors. In designs where the header can expand vertically, the first would be fine.
    Last edited by kuroi; 3 Jul 2007 at 09:13 AM.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast