Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Page will not load

After I log in, I get the "WARNING:The Admin Activity Log table has records over 2 months old..". alert and nothing else. A blank page- nothing to click on. I have reloaded and the same thing happens. What is going on?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Page will not load

I'm working on zoomchic's site as well. She was able to load the admin once and cleared the admin activity log, so we're not seeing that warning any more. However, now when we log in the admin is entirely blank again.

When I view the source, the page has stopped loading at
    <body onload="init()">

Does anyone have possible reasons why this might be happening? The front end of the site loads fine.

Plugin Contributions

Update: we are able to load all of the other pages in the admin other than the index page. We're hosted on GoDaddy, and other posts talking about their MySQL issues make me think that this is the problem, but I'm not sure why this would only affect the index page in the admin, and no other areas of the admin or the site.

Does anyone know why this would happen only on that one page, or if something else is the problem?

Plugin Contributions

I saw something similar a while back, which was the admin index page load was being blocked by the new ZC version check. Wildly improbable, but try editing /admin/includes/local/skip_version_check.php and setting version_check to 'off'.

Plugin Contributions

I experienced a similar problem, I received a blank page when trying to login to the admin. Setting version_check=off got me past the problem, but what are the implications of this, will I find myself backlevel in the future?

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that, I always deactivate it. Since new versions come out at most 2-3 times a year, seems a bit of an overkill to check every time you go to your admin page.
    Much easier to pop into the forum periodically, and more sociable.

Plugin Contributions

Do periodically check it ... security issues are addressed in bugfixes as well as bugs of major significance ...

If you are not on the Announcements list then you have no way to know ...

You can also always check on the Tools ... Server Info ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I tried setting version_check=off and that didn't seem to have any effect. Thanks anyway!

Any other ideas for what might cause this? Is there anything else that only appears on the home page of the admin, and not on any other admin pages?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lemuria View Post
    Update: we are able to load all of the other pages in the admin other than the index page. We're hosted on GoDaddy, and other posts talking about their MySQL issues make me think that this is the problem, but I'm not sure why this would only affect the index page in the admin, and no other areas of the admin or the site.

Does anyone know why this would happen only on that one page, or if something else is the problem?
    Have you tried re-uploading all the Admin files (specifically the index page)?

Sometimes corrupt files occur during ftp (and for other unknown reasons) and if you simply upload a "fresh version", it will get things moving again.

Just a thought, but I have seen it with "blank pages" before, and in every instance (so far) uploading new files (you do not need to install zen again as long as it was a good install the first time) has solved the issue.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

I was suddenly getting the same thing... changing the version check to off fixed mine as well