Thread: lost order info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

bug lost order info

Paypal notified me of a purchase giving the total and customer name and address. It did not have any other info...items ordered, shipping, etc.

The order did not register to her in the website. It shows 0 orders.

How so I fix this?

xstitchcreations

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: lost order info

Sorry, no solution here, just a "me too". :-(

I am seeing the same problem (on zencart 1.3.7). It has happened to me four times in the last two weeks, but never happened before that. The first three were on echeck orders, but today it happened with a regular order. Most orders are processing fine.

There is no order in the store corresponding to these purchases.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Plugin Contributions

More info: Paypal is down/running slow today. Apparently they are upgrading servers. My non-echeck order from today showed up eventually, so I think that was possibly just slowness on Paypal's part.

I still have had three cases, all echecks, where people have placed ordered that never appeared in zencart.

I'd be interested to hear any ideas about that...

Plugin Contributions

This seems like an issue with Paypal,

We had this problem happen to a customer of ours, She contacted Paypal and got this reply:

Response (Nathan) - 05/30/2007 12:54 PM

Thank you for your question. The problem that you are experiencing is caused when a customer does not have a PayPal account and does not click on the 'Return to Merchant' link located on the final PayPal page. Many shopping carts are dependent upon this return to complete the order details. To work around this, you can either place verbiage on your site directing your customers to click on the 'return to merchant' link or to turn off Account Optional, which forces your customer to set up a PayPal account and will then be auto returned.

Im sure it never used to be like this
    Last edited by AndrewClarke; 1 Jun 2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: lost order info

Thank you Andrew for your information....it is certainly possible my customer paid by credit card. I will research that with her. I really appreciate your feedback.

xstitchcreations
    www.xstitch-creations.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The May 10 PayPal Patch from this thread adds support for PDT, which will help you get orders released immediately instead of having to wait for PayPal's server to talk to your store to complete storing the order details.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

You'll still need to make sure IPN's are working so that the eCheck clearance notices are sent and your orders are released properly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Today we received a custom order (an order using the attributes controller, etc.) and purchased other things. The customer paid in GBP. (Our store base is US dollars.)

The email that is sent to the admin account after a transaction shows in full detail exactly what the customer ordered.

This transaction did not have anything detailed. So we have no clue what this customer ordered.

I called PayPal and they said that the order is Zen Cart's responsibility. They said when it comes over to them they have no idea what the order is, they only see the amount.

Actually, this makes sense to me.

I have logged into her account with the Master Password. I can only see the order amount. Not transaction details.

Where would this order be at in the backend? What can we do to fix this transaction now?

We would hate to tell customer service to call her and get the details as it would make the company look unprofessional and unreliable.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Panicking now.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Contribution Start:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]SHINE Live Help Sidebox[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Is there any place in the database this information goes to? If so, how would we query it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbcon View Post
    This transaction did not have anything detailed. So we have no clue what this customer ordered.
    1. Have you upgraded to v1.3.7 and installed the may 10 patch and activated PDT support?

2. Are you saying that an order *was* created, and shows in Zen Cart, but contains no details at all? Or does it contain order-totals but no product-details? Does it contain customer shipping/billing information?
    Or did it disappear entirely?

3. What version Zen Cart do you have?
    and ESPECIALLY, what customizations have you done, and what contributions have you added/installed? It's likely one of these that's blocking the order from being completed properly during the IPN step.

(Updating to use PDT support should avert most of the problem, but if you have a contribution that's causing intermittent blocks, that should be addressed too ...)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. Have you upgraded to v1.3.7 and installed the may 10 patch and activated PDT support?
    We have always used 1.3.7. We installed the May 10th patch after this occurred. Yes, PDT support is activated. Before this occurred, we would receive one email to the admin email address detailing the customer order.

2. Are you saying that an order *was* created, and shows in Zen Cart, but contains no details at all? Or does it contain order-totals but no product-details? Does it contain customer shipping/billing information?
    Or did it disappear entirely?
    An order was created. An order number was assigned. We are able to see the customer's account information, (address, name, etc.). We can also see the amount of the transaction. However, there are no order details. We even went into the SQL to pull the raw data. I can see the transactions for all orders but not her order. Her order number isn't registered in the database. So Order Totals---Yes, Product Details---No, Customer Shipping and Billing---Yes

3. What version Zen Cart do you have?
    and ESPECIALLY, what customizations have you done, and what contributions have you added/installed? It's likely one of these that's blocking the order from being completed properly during the IPN step.
    We figured out what may have been the problem. PayPal was set up to "Ask me" on foreign currency. Our logical guess is that the information did not transfer because the money had to be "accepted". Shortly after it was accepted the "empty" (no order details) email came into the admin email account.

(Updating to use PDT support should avert most of the problem, but if you have a contribution that's causing intermittent blocks, that should be addressed too ...)
    It has always been working fine up until now. I think in this instance it was the PayPal setting.

However, it is really odd that the order details are just "gone". Wouldn't it be some place in the database that we have just not looked?

Per Customer Service, the customer has yet to respond to the emails sent asking to give the order details again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast