Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional products fields

Quote Originally Posted by lismith View Post
    When adding items to cart or viewing the cart. I haven't tried placing an order yet.
    Ok I think I may have found the problem. In your shopping_cart.php file I seen some things that were diffrent when I compared it.

This may be because he changed something in the new one, but I got yours to work. I can add what ever I want to the shopping_cart.php

What I did was on this statment.

$product_query = "select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight,
    products_priced_by_attribute, product_is_always_free_shipping, products_discount_type, products_discount_type_from,
    products_virtual, products_model" . $additional_sql . "
    from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_ADDITIONAL_PRODUCTS . " ap)

There was p. infront of what zen-cart recognizes as just products_price so I took out the .p in front of all of these and your shopping_cart.php worked. This is how it looks now above.

However you better ask the oracle first I am not sure why those where there lol. I just no that it works now there are no bugs when you take it out. I may have found the problem or just the solution to temporarly fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    Non-related question. I do NOT use any sort of Javascript codings within this MOD. If you're encountering javascript issues, it has to come from your override template header as this has absolutely nothing to do with this MOD. My combinaison is purely PHP. The only place where JS functions are being used is from your admin/additional_products_fields.php file (which completely disregards the store-front end since the admin section and the store are seperared sessions based - coded by the Zen Team).

I don't have it installed - I built it. It's ... part of my Zen-Cart copy - period.

All files are being researched from the developpers tool kit. There's no way, on either MOD, that files could be missing. Yes, there could be missing feature, I don't deny it (especially unexpected mistakes that was encounted in the past from almost each of my releases). There are so many things that has been suggested over these past few years that I hope you understand that I can remember them all at once. Which is why, releases and ideas are being released separately.

If you're saying that mistakes are involved in this MOD, may be you could clarify this thought ?
    I ment the other guy when I was talking about having additional customer fields installed. I just wanted to see if he had it not you. Also I didn't mean that there was problems with it. I had messed something up on my own when I was installing additional customer fields and it gave me a blank screen like he is talking about. I just wanted to know if he might have done the same thing.

In regards to the javascript thanks for this. Now I need to go track down where it's coming from because this is just to odd.

However thanks for the heads up on the override header. I am going to look into that and I might look into googl analytics since this is in java code and I do have it on my footer. Forgot about this.

Well take care.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

I had messed something up on my own when I was installing additional customer fields and it gave me a blank screen like he is talking about.
    If you have the same results from two of my different MODs, I have already seen this kind of result in the past on another script. It usually means a bad incorporation, a non-compability or a MOD conflict issue.

Without installing a fresh Zen-Cart copy over a test folder with a new database name, this could take eternity to determine the reason on why you're seeing a blank screen in the end.

Now I need to go track down where it's coming from because this is just to odd.
    Personal tip to help you track down bad JS codings. You can freely download an inspection tool for FF (from their website) which can determine the source of these codings. Going on google seeking for answers, as you just mentionned, above is also a very step to consider.

Plugin Contributions

If you have the same results from two of my different MODs, I have already seen this kind of result in the past on another script. It usually means a bad incorporation, a non-compability or a MOD conflict issue.

Without installing a fresh Zen-Cart copy over a test folder with a new database name, this could take eternity to determine the reason on why you're seeing a blank screen in the end.

Personal tip to help you track down bad JS codings. You can freely download an inspection tool for FF (from their website) which can determine the source of these codings. Going on google seeking for answers, as you just mentionned, above is also a very step to consider.
    Well thanks for the site and were to get the tool to track this down with. I opened up a thread in bugs. I never installed any programs what so ever in zen cart that has js in the includes area of this cart only admin. The only thing that i copied and pasted was my google analytics which is java.

However, did I give the person above that was having problems with the shopping cart the right advice on the shopping_cart.php file, because like I said it works and it didn't work before so I must have done something right lol.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

However, did I give the person above that was having problems with the shopping cart the right advice on the shopping_cart.php file, because like I said it works and it didn't work before so I must have done something right lol.
    Thanks for the info.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info.

This is kinda off topic and you don't have an email so I thought it would be ok to post some one time lol. I found my problem not that it matters to you.

However it might save you some headaches of coding in the future for zen-cart. Check out my thread here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...056#post396056

Also wanted to let you know that it was nothing with this mod what so ever.

Thanks for you time

Matt

Plugin Contributions

I found my problem not that it matters to you.
    Also wanted to let you know that it was nothing with this mod what so ever.
    Don't know why you brought that bolded part along but ... on the contrary. Even if I knew your last encountered issues had nothing to do with my MOD ... still glad you found the cause.

Plugin Contributions

you don't have an email
    Forgot to state yesterday that I do ... it is from my installation text file.

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to state yesterday that I do ... it is from my installation text file.
    Oh ok lol, also I didn't mean to make that bold don't even know how i did lol. Kinda weird it dosn't show up bold were i wrote it, but it shows up bold where you quoted it.

Plugin Contributions

With vBulletin, quotes are usually capturing all (or most) bbcode previous used from previous posts.
    Last edited by TheOracle; 29 Jun 2007 at 03:13 PM.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast