Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to open port 1129

Are you using Zen Cart v1.3.7 and the built-in Linkpoint API module? Or an older version and a downloaded module?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

And by the way, at the Linkpoint website there is a form that asks for the url of your submission form (e.g. "http://www.yourserver.com/index.php?main_page=checkout_payment") as well as the urls for my confirmation and failure pages. Do I have to fill that out? Or did the module already submit that info when I set it up?

And perhaps more generally: are there any instructions for this module available? I'm just thinking how helpful it might be to have a list of instructions like:

To set up the Linkpoint module with your Zen cart, do the following 10 steps:
    Step 1. Do this.
    Step 2. Do that.
    etc. etc. to step 10.

It would certainly be easier than coming to the forum and first spending ages searching it so you don't offend anyone by asking a question that's been answered a thousand times, and after not finding anything then posting something like: "Um, how do I do step 1?" as I did in this thread, followed by waiting for an answer, and then repeating that process for each of the known steps. Plus, as it is, there's no real way to even know what each step is, which of course is a prerequisite for asking how to do it. : )

And I do know about the "readme.txt" file that comes with the download version of the module, but that document seems to skip a few steps, e.g. it states "You are done!" as soon as you've finished configuring the module in the admin control panel! I wish that were true, because I finished that part weeks ago! Besides, I think few people will read that file anyway now that they don't actually have to download the module.

OK, and now I'm ready for someone to thoroughly embarrass me by posting a link to the instructions that are like stickied to the top of this forum or something. : )

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Are you using Zen Cart v1.3.7 and the built-in Linkpoint API module? Or an older version and a downloaded module?
    Excellent! I was just posting about that. Didn't even know they were different. I do have v1.3.7 and I have no memory of installing the module. Would I even be able to install it or would v1.3.7 not let that happen?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    did youu restart the iptables
    Did I restart iptables??? Nope, I sure didn't. All I did was
    Code:
    $ sudo /sbin/service iptables save
    and got
    Code:
    Saving firewall rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables:          [  OK  ]
    So I have to restart iptables? You mean like
    Code:
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/iptables restart
    ?

(This is what I meant in my post a minute ago about instructions.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    and are you running any other firewalls such as APF

if so you will need to configure the open ports there as well
    Well that's a good question. I couldn't find any other firewall running on the machine, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by theapeman View Post
    And perhaps more generally: are there any instructions for this module available?
    When you go to Admin->Modules->Payment and the Linkpoint module has *not* yet been installed, the following instructions are displayed:
    Requirements:
    *LinkPoint or YourPay Account (see link above to signup)
    *cURL is required and MUST be compiled into PHP by your hosting company
    *Port 1129 is used for bidirectional communication with the gateway, so must be open on your host's router/firewall
    *PEM RSA Key File Digital Certificate:
    To obtain and upload your Digital Certificate (.PEM) key:
    - Click on "Support" in the Main Menu Bar.
    - Click on the word "Download Center" under Downloads in the Side Menu Box.
    - Click on the word "download" beside the "Store PEM File" section on the right-hand side of the page.
    - Key in necessary information to start download. You will need to supply your actual SSN or Tax ID which you submitted during the merchant account boarding process.
    - Upload this file to includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/XXXXXX.pem (provided by LinkPoint - xxxxxx is your store id)
    It doesn't talk about confirmation/failure pages, because it doesn't use them.
    It doesn't do "techie talk" about "how" to open port 1129, because that's supposed to be your hosting company's job.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome, thanks. How embarrassing would that have been (for me, I mean) if there actually were instructions somewhere?
    It doesn't talk about confirmation/failure pages, because it doesn't use them.
    So does that mean I do or do not have to go fill out that form at the Linkpoint site?

I'm assuming that those of you who are so kindly answering my questions actually use the Linkpoint module on your own sites. So did you have to go fill out that form, or did it just work without doing that?

Plugin Contributions

I just realized that I couldn't tell if my question:
    Quote Originally Posted by theapeman View Post
    Excellent! I was just posting about that. Didn't even know they were different. I do have v1.3.7 and I have no memory of installing the module. Would I even be able to install it or would v1.3.7 not let that happen?
    asked in response to your question about which version of the module I have:
    had or had not been answered to your satisfaction, but presumably you needed to know which version I have because you were about to tell me something really important I needed to know to get it working....?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There shouldn't be any need to fill out the "form" you mentioned, as those fields relate to the Linkpoint Connect services, not the API services which this module uses.

Quote Originally Posted by theapeman
    Didn't even know they were different. I do have v1.3.7 and I have no memory of installing the module. Would I even be able to install it or would v1.3.7 not let that happen?
    I just wanted to ensure that you were in fact using v1.3.7 and the built-in version, and had *not* downloaded the older version and overwritten the good one built-in to v1.3.7.
    And, yes, if you used FTP to upload an older version, you'd overwrite the newer one, which wouldn't be good.

The reason I ask is ... the newer (built-in-to-v1.3.7) module contains features to let you enable debug logging so we can get the module to (hopefully) tell you why it can't talk to Linkpoint ... so that we can confirm that the problem isn't the module, but has something to do with your firewall or CURL ... which is what I suspect...
    Last edited by DrByte; 6 Jun 2007 at 06:26 AM. Reason: clarify note about "the form"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Assuming you're using the v1.3.7 edition of the module, we should be able to get some communications debug data:
    Try this:
    1. Admin->Modules->Payment
    2. Click on Linkpoint API
    3. Click on Edit
    4. Edit the URL in your browser, and add this to the end: &debug=on and press Enter
    5. Scroll to the bottom of the list, and change the Debug mode to Log File or Log and Email.
    6. Go to the store and attempt a transaction.
    7. Look in your /cache folder for a log of what data came back from the communication attempt, or check your email (store's email address) for a copy of the debug data.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast