Plugin Contributions

Default expandable menu in left column

Hi

I want to have my product category menu down the left function as one of those expanding menus, where when you hover over each item a sub menu appears to the right, ever more down to the final sub category (using javascript).

i have this working fine on my html/css site:

http://realdnahair.streamlinenettria...k/originalsite

but cant get it working in my zencart store:

http://realdnahair.streamlinenettrial.co.uk

because the column down the left is obviously fixed, so when you hover over a menu item it wont allow the sub menus to pop up on the right, (thereby covering the main content). obviously somewhere i need to set it so that the left column can "pop out" of its box so that these javascript menus work (basically in the way that the zencart admin menu works, but down the left instead of across the top).

does anybody know the code for this? i've looked at the java and css code for the admin menu but cant find it.

thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: expandable menu in left column

Have you seen this in the downloads section?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: expandable menu in left column

Hi Ryk,

thanks again, keep stumbling into you! i'm customizing that flyout menu at the moment but it's proving to have several problems (or i'm unable to customize the way I want).

Basically i want the menu to function like the Dreamweaver CS3's "Spry" menu system, which you can see here: http://realdnahair.streamlinenettria...k/originalsite

In their menu each item is a box in its own right so hovering over the box and hovering over the TEXT INSIDE the box makes NO difference. but with the css flyout from zen cart's site the text is recognised as a hyperlink and the box is recognised as UL and IL tags. this means that, for example, there is a 1 or 2 pixel gap when gliding your mouse down the menu between each box when the BOX colour changes to dark purple as i hover, bu the text stays black and unreadable, because you havent hit the text with your mouse yet to make it go white. It also means when you move your mouse right to browse through sub-menus, the prior boxes stay on their hovered coour of dark purple, (which i want) but the text returns to black, again making it unreadable.

my ideal would be to find a way to integrate the Spry css styling and javascript with the Zen Cart categories box php code (or the new sidebox i got from the link you suggested). But i can't get this to work.

Kyle