Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Gallery Category support thread

The Gallery Category mod is now available in Downloads - Other Modules.
    ########################################____

Stores with one-of-a-kind products may benefit from a showcase gallery for sold items.

This mod allows regular products to be simply moved to one or more designated categories when sold; they will then, in product listing and product info pages, appear without price or add to cart/sold out displays.

Other elements of display can also be turned off or modified following simple coding examples.

This may also be useful for upcoming items which are not yet available for sale.
    ########################################____

Please post any problems, comments, or requests for additional functionality here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gallery Category support thread

Very nice. Everything works as said. I would have liked to have kept my display product listing as columns mod, but it threw an error. Said unexpected 'else' statement. I merged everything carefully. I think it is just a clash between the two mods. But it doesn't matter, I am glad you created this contribution, as it has been in my mind for a while.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Would it be possible to see a screenshot of this MOD ?

Plugin Contributions

The only difference between this mod's display and a stock display will be the absense of the price, add to cart and quantity in stock elements.
    On the product listing page, the Price and Qty headings will disappear also.
    These effects will only occur in designated gallery categories.

After looking through the Column Grid version of product_listing.php, it appears that it should be possible to combine the two; but since Column Grid adds a number of manipulations to the data, the gallery code would have to be tailored and extended, not just merged. I will look into doing this, as Column Grid is a popular mod, though I can't give a timetable.

I am very slow when it comes to things like this. I tried to download the gallery add on but have no idea what to do. I read the read me text. I cannot open the other section. I had someone put everything together for me but could not finish the job. I don't even know how I would have gotten the cart to work. I got the book which has helped a lot but adding this is very confusing to me. Can someone break it down...barney style for me please?

Plugin Contributions

GJH42, I think you need to stress the Gallery CATEGORY! mod side. It ended up right next to the Gallery2 image gallery integration mod.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gallery Category Product Listing

Hi gjh42,

Thank You for the quick solution! I used the product listing you posted and it works perfect. I am using your mod as a "upcoming products" list.

Thanks again!

GJW

Plugin Contributions

Hello Zenners.

My fisrt post here.

I have gallery2 v2.4 runiing with the zen cart module. It is on my local web sever. I am trying to find a free hoster which suports gallery2, for safe mode off, and .htacess, if anyone knows a hoster that supoorts gallery2 pls let me know.

What i want to do is . Once i hit add to cart on my gallery2 site it then take you to the zen cart index.php main catorgery file ( which i assume is like a product listed on you zencart site) what i want is once you hit add to cart i want it to put it straight into thecart. Is this possible.

Re question on a working example of g2 and zencart. I did find a good one it was listsed on g2 forums. I ll see if i can find it again.

If you want to intergrate zen with galerry2 see this post. it explains it fully, its taken me a few go to get it right.
    http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:M...nCart_Software

Happy zenning

Pete

Plugin Contributions

Stampsville - Thanks for posting. Is the "upcoming products list" the watch list for registered members that you mention in your news item?

pcp20us - The Gallery Category mod has nothing to do with Gallery2. You may want to repost in General Questions or a more focused subforum to get help with this. Try a search on gallery2. Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Hi pcp20us

No, I came across a problem with some of my own scripts that I'm working on to fix. Such as the items are showing up as sold out on the home page since I have the quantities set at 0 for the gallery items. As soon as I figure that one out, might be a couple of days, I will let you know I have it back up.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast